Diy- Build Router In 10 Days

Page 1 of 40 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Diy- Build Router In 10 Days

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Diy- Build Router In 10 Days

Here I am posting pictures of my first router build from generaly available structural material. I draw this router in my mind and start build and completed it within 10 days.

You can get ideas from pictures. Contact me if u need any sort of help or explanation.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-machine1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Very Clever! Using the large diameter pipe as both the linear ways and the support for the Y Axis! Nice Idea!
    Jim

Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Some more pictures

Here see some more details of my router

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-y-axis-gantry-adjustment-jpg   Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-spindle-motor-fixation-design-jpg   Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-zaxis-jpg   Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-z-axis-adjustment-x-axis-sliding-rail  

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Controller not working..

I have purchazed FET-3 dynamo controller card from stepperworld.com but it is not working although i checked all cabling many times. only x-axis motor jitters wheras there is no response from Y and Z axis.
    I have read through the manual many times but i have not found any discrepancy in my cabling. I checked all circuit + components through voltage meter and ohmmeter but all found okay.
    currently in following pictures i just connected z-axis drive with Hi-torque jumper position. please tell me what i m doing wrong.

I want to see my router running...
    Best regards.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-close-view-jpg   Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-controller-still-work-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Any chance that you are getting binding of the screws ? I suppose one way to tell is to see how smoothly things turn by hand.

Downloads
    Uploads

The lead screw move smootgly by hand. It is 7/8" 8UNC threaded rod. I hope 200Oz in motor will get no trouble by moving the gantry.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

on the power supply, did you modify it with the power resistor across 5 volts ?
    if not, it might not be fully on, thus not giving you enough voltage or current.
    i noticed you have the 5 volts wire hooked up to the board, does that circut also power your motor ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am not familiar with this controller, but in their packaged system they use a 24V 3A supply for the motor side.

Are you sure you can use a 5V supply on the motor end?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

SP-CNC you understood wrongly
    PC PS is designed such way that 5V circuit must have some load and it means that 12V not hold load and voltage goes down without 5V circuit load and whats why driver board fail. Couple Amps (0,2Ohm and 10W resistor) on 5V circuit will be enough to hold 12V voltage on load

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have run across PC power supplies that need a 100ma trickle charge on +12V (i.e. 100 ohm 2+ watts) to keep a stable regulation. A slow digital voltmeter may be giving you an inaccurate reading on +12V (i.e it may be toggling on/off and your meter is too slow to see that).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My observation was that stepperworld has a full package with power supply, motors, etc. at http://www.stepperworld.com/FET3economy.htm which uses a 24V supply.

I didn't go into the controller schematics, but some do have a minimum voltage > 12V for the motor side. I have since looked at http://www.stepperworld.com/FET3dynamo.htm which has references to just using 5V so yes, this controller should be able to drive the motors with just a 5V supply and my previous comment is not relevant.

After making sure that the PS is in fact working correctly with enough load on its lines, check the pulse rate of the steps.

What happens when you try to turn the motor by hand while connected to the driver? Do not give it any step instructions, just have it hold its position and see if you can easily turn the motor by hand.

Downloads
    Uploads

modified pictures will b soon sent...

Community Moderator
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great Khalid! This is a great proof that there's not need for high quality industrial items to make a router. Thumbs up.

Regards,
    Sven

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile My Modified Machine

Revamping & DebottleNecking of My Machine

1) Decreased Z-Height, installation of slide rail with Ball screw
    2) Removal of spindle motor ( Pencil grinder) and modification in spindle motor holder for 1600 Watt router
    3)Installation of Ball screw inplace of ACME threaded rod at both X & Y axes.
    4) Adjustable workpiece holding mechanism (fixtures with simple design idea)
    5)Installation of counter weight
    6) Shifting to 48V power supply (Previously i was running on 5V supply)with controller from EMMKAY.

WHAT I GOT:
    1) My IPM increased from 5IPM to 12 IPM with 5V powersupply to motors.
    2) Trial run on new controller and 48V Power supply, resulted in 100 + IPM.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-machine-gif  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z-axis Close up

Z-axis with counter weight

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-counterweight-gif   Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-z-axis-counterweight-gif   Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-zaxis-gif  

Downloads
    Uploads

Now my next step is to manage the cabling... and i m going to do it...

Downloads
    Uploads

Khalid,
    A very ingenious counter weight!
    Congratulations. It looks as if you will soon be cutting.

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Ya I m cutting

Thank you WELDTUTOR for my counterweight installation idea:

Hmmm... Ya i am cutting:-) but i not tried yet with new controller... here are few inintial pics of my work

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-1st-3d-part-gif   Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-test-v-carving-gif   Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-sparrow-gif  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Router Mounting

Modification for Mounting 1600Watt router...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-spindle-holder-arrangement-gif  

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Clamping Fixture

Here u will find how i clamp the workpiece...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-work-holding-arrangement-gif   Diy- Build Router In 10 Days-work-holding-arrangement1-gif  

Page 1 of 40 123411 ... LastLast