lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.

Here are a few pictures of a machine I built by just looking at a site. I built this by what I saw. No other info was given to help. I just want people to no that anybody can make a machine!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-106-0602_img-jpg  
    Last edited by WOODKNACK; 04-20-2003 at 07:41 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

more pictures of the machine above doing a test run.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-eng3-jpg  
    Last edited by WOODKNACK; 04-20-2003 at 07:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

The Test Done.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-eng4-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Yet another test try.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-eng6-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Here Is the first engraver I built. ( the front side). I was inspired to build this one after seeing one on the net like it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-102-0266_img-jpg  
    Last edited by WOODKNACK; 04-15-2003 at 09:22 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Back side with all the electonics. Used Stepperworlds SP-3/HT system.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-102-0271_img-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is mine-

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-p002-jpg  
    Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Wink

What is the cutting area of that? That is what I want to build next. A gantry style machine. I have my new controller card all ready to go. It is a xylotex board. I am spinning my motors at 46 IPM right now. Here is a picture of everything in a box. I put a outlet in the back with a switch on the front to turn the outlet on the back on. The outlet is for the computer and the router. Also put another switch on the front to turn on the controller card. Can't turn that on unless the first switch is on! ( a good feature). Also used serial connecters for the stepper motors.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-controller-box-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey WOODKNACK, mine looks like yours!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-robtl1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Yours is the one I built mine around! I think a friend of yours sent me a picture of yours last winter or maybe it was the winter before. LOL. I cant even rember when I built the dam thing. LOL. I think I got it from somebody on a Yahoo group. I could'nt get the table from stopping to lift up and down while it was moving! All in all it was a good learning experience!

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, small world eh? Yup, the drawer slides allow the work table to move up & down too much. I guess I'll build another one someday but so far I have only been cutting out sheet balsa & ply model airplane parts and I can live with it's faults.

The basic design came from Dan Mauch's article "Cimple CNC Circuit Board Driller" from Dec. '94 Nuts & Volts mag. Hobby CNC has come a long way since then!

Downloads
    Uploads

I think if you mount the slides on there side it would be better. I dont think they are designed to be put on the backs. I have some Bottom draw slides that I am playing with now. going to try them out and see how they do. I had a bid in on some linear slides on ebay. But some one wanted them a whole lot worse then me! To much money for a hobbie. If these slides dont work im going to try drill rod and oillite bushings.
    Oh did I mention that I built the machine in post 1 this summer while I was cooped up. I broke my pelvis in 3 places in 4 wheeler accident. I made the morph alittle at a time. Hard to wobble around on cruches while carry ing MDF board! LOL

Last edited by WOODKNACK; 04-20-2003 at 07:46 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey,

Nice machines guys.

Don't get me started here too! You know I have a lot of pictures!

Eric

I wish it wouldn't crash.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Get posting Balsaman! I'm getting plenty of ideas from these so far, nice work! Any chance of some detail of z-axis setups? i get the linear slide idea, but are there others?
    edit - ok, looked again, ball bearing drawer slides on the z-axis? Just wondering, if this is the case, surely I would need a fairly hefty stepper to drive the leadscrew?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I used linear rail all around. I happened to get it free out of the scrap bin where I work. I had about 16 trucks, I found 8 good ones in the lot. Tossed the rest. The rail was a bit beat up, but a file took the little nicks and "outies" off. It's working perfect now.

Eric

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-1010_001-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

z-axis.

I used a 100 oz stepper. My z axis is heavy. It's about 40 % slower than my other axis'. So what it only needs to move an inch or two.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-cncc-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

nutter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-cncd-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much Balsaman, the photos are very helpful

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a picture of my progress so far. The x axis is complete. Black pipe rails, skate bearings, 1/2" acme leadscrew. Working on the z axis now. Y axis is next.

Chris

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lets start a inspiration thread for those who are building.-cnc-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice! Keep at it. It's worth it in the end!

Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast