WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle - Page 85

Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 357582838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1805

Thread: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

The problem isn't really in the XY for me its in the depth. I installed hall effect switches with an Arduino to solve the home problem but your suggestion is great as well, not nearly as much work.

I've noticed with a machine where you can't tell if the screws or rail is straight, you end up with accelerated thrust and radial bearing wear and even steel shavings inside of bearing housings. The depth isn't reliable for a multitude of factors my guess. But how can you adjust anything on the machine back to its true position without the machine sitting on a true position plane. You literally have nothing for a datum at all without the basic plane. You have trial and error which isn't fun.

I've found the difference is 50-100 IPM between having a machine that stays lined up and one that has unknown problems inside of it.

Just saying... you probably saved a lot of money and short term trouble doing it without epoxy though.

I don't use ball screws either, I used ACME threads, and 3D printed nuts for them... this has been a very forgiving method for me considering the number of crashes the machine has been through.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

I feel like I'm picking on you haha and your router is far better than mine just know that years of fussing with mine has created a lot of frustration

Quote Originally Posted by justCNCit View Post
    I feel like I'm picking on you haha and your router is far better than mine just know that years of fussing with mine has created a lot of frustration
    It’s a learning experience!
    Your next router will fix all your known problems, and create a list of new ones????

I’ve made:
    30 Mini-Routers
    40 Midi-Routers
    12 Wide-Routers
    1 V-Rail Router
    2 Square Rail Routers
    1 Big Red monster!

I’ve learned much in that journey!

Widgit

www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Merry Christmas to all!

Yesterday, I chopped up all my scraps of yellow pine into 13 inch strips! Removing all the knots & cracks!
    Then I glued them together making 13" x 13" squares! Now I have the perfect gift for my closest Veteran Friends!
    The Laces were engraved with a 30 deg V-Bit!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2794-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2798-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2799-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2800-jpg  

WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2797-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-fb_img_1537731863827-jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Merry Christmas to you also Sir. May you have a good one and look forward to the new year.

Thank you for your service to the Country and to all of us on this board that look forward to seeing your work.

Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Merry Christmas to you also Sir. May you have a good one and look forward to the new year.

Thank you for your service to the Country and to all of us on this board that look forward to seeing your work.
    Thanks Bubba!

Here is the Source Files for the Memorial Plaque!

VCarvePro ver 7.012

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2797-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.widgitmaster.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Great Work Widgit;
    Merry Christmas and here's hope for a wonderful new year!
    God bless you and our men in arms!
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey widgit can I ask did you pack all cables into the same cable carriers? That is, power cables and motor control cables/digital cables? Or was interference going to be a problem?

Thanks

Hey widgit can I ask did you pack all cables into the same cable carriers? That is, power cables and motor control cables/digital cables? Or was interference going to be a problem?

Thanks

YES!
    All the cables are braided shields & stranded wires.
    They all have their shields grounded on one end, so all noise goes to ground.
    There is a fine bare-copper wire inside my dust tubes & pipes, which is also grounded on one end!
    I had the water cooling lines inside the wire tracks, now they run outside the tracks!
    When designing the electronics, I had purchased a spool of braided shielding, which allowed me to put all the single wires inside a braid & ground it!

The shop vac has a metal canister, which sits near the computer. I had to connect a ground wire to it also, as the static was screwing up the computer!

www.widgitmaster.com

ericks

Excellent work!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    YES!
    All the cables are braided shields & stranded wires.
    They all have their shields grounded on one end, so all noise goes to ground.
    There is a fine bare-copper wire inside my dust tubes & pipes, which is also grounded on one end!
    I had the water cooling lines inside the wire tracks, now they run outside the tracks!
    When designing the electronics, I had purchased a spool of braided shielding, which allowed me to put all the single wires inside a braid & ground it!

The shop vac has a metal canister, which sits near the computer. I had to connect a ground wire to it also, as the static was screwing up the computer!
    Forgive me for not going through all pages of the thread, were there pics or where did you source the shielding? Thanks

nevermind... https://www.ebay.ca/itm/3M-Copper-Me...57cc%7Ciid%3A1

Last edited by justCNCit; 02-12-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Forgive me for not going through all pages of the thread, were there pics or where did you source the shielding? Thanks

nevermind... https://www.ebay.ca/itm/3M-Copper-Me...57cc%7Ciid%3A1

Here is a quick demo of how to make a shield for your wires!
    It was easier than searching for the right picture & thread!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2881-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2882-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2883-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2884-jpg  

www.widgitmaster.com

On 2/17/19, my best friend died from Agent Orange and cancer. His Memorial was held at the local American Legion post, and over three hundred people attended!
    The service was outstanding, as the post honored him in every way.

So I made a plaque to thank them!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2926-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-attachment-1-1-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2927-jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Eric, May Cliff rest in peace! And thank you and all our veterans for their service and sacrifice!
    I only served in the states 1970-1972.
    Paul

I have started another thread for all the plaques I've painted myself: ClickHere

www.widgitmaster.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Widgit. Thanks for your write up on cable shielding. I was wondering how you sourced the 3 phase flex cable for the router?

Hi Widgit. Thanks for your write up on cable shielding. I was wondering how you sourced the 3 phase flex cable for the router?

Bought it from McMaster-Carr https://www.mcmaster.com/9936K65

Length, ft.
    Other

Each
    Delivers Friday
    1-99 Ft. $5.55
    100 or more $4.67

9936K65

1 each ordered on January 29, 2017 0128EARNOLD.

Shielding Shielded
    Shield Type Braid
    Wire
    Type Stranded
    Material Bare Copper
    Flexibility Flexible
    Wire Gauge 16
    Number of Wires 3
    Cable AWG 16/3
    OD 0.38"
    Current 18 A @ 86° F
    Voltage 600V AC
    Temperature Range 45° to 190° F
    Wire Marking Numbered
    Specifications Met UL Recognized; UL Flame Rated VW-1; CSA Certified
    Use For Automation, Interference Shielding
    Inner Insulation Material PVC
    Inner Insulation Color Black, Green/Yellow
    Outer Insulation Material PVC
    Outer Insulation Color Gray
    RoHS Compliant
    The braid shielding in this cable prevents electromagnetic interference (EMI) to minimize signal distortion. Control conveyors, CNC machines,and other types of automated equipment that requires cable to periodically bend and flex. The insulation resists oil.

Length, ft.
    Other

Each
    Delivers Friday
    1-99 Ft. $5.55
    100 or more $4.67

9936K65

Shielding Shielded
    Shield Type Braid
    Wire
    Type Stranded
    Material Bare Copper
    Flexibility Flexible
    Wire Gauge 16
    Number of Wires 3
    Cable AWG 16/3
    OD 0.38"
    Current 18 A @ 86° F
    Voltage 600V AC
    Temperature Range 45° to 190° F
    Wire Marking Numbered
    Specifications Met UL Recognized; UL Flame Rated VW-1; CSA Certified
    Use For Automation, Interference Shielding
    Inner Insulation Material PVC
    Inner Insulation Color Black, Green/Yellow
    Outer Insulation Material PVC
    Outer Insulation Color Gray
    RoHS Compliant
    The braid shielding in this cable prevents electromagnetic interference (EMI) to minimize signal distortion. Control conveyors, CNC machines,and other types of automated equipment that requires cable to periodically bend and flex. The insulation resists oil.

www.widgitmaster.com

Something is wrong with this thread?

www.widgitmaster.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Apparently, this thread has been broken for several months. Thanks to Carveone for pointing it out, as it now appears to be fixed.

Eric, your PM inbox is full.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Gerry, for having this issue taken care of. It is much appreciated.

CarveOne

CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 357582838485868788 ... LastLast