WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle - Page 83

Page 83 of 91 FirstFirst ... 337380818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1805

Thread: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

I wish you a very quick and complete recovery.
    Can any one advise me on the following issue. I want to weld some steel braces to my router table frame. Do I have to take off all motors and spindle etc. ??

Live long and prosper.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Quote Originally Posted by shujaa View Post
    I wish you a very quick and complete recovery.
    Can any one advise me on the following issue. I want to weld some steel braces to my router table frame. Do I have to take off all motors and spindle etc. ??
    If you're worried about welding current frying things, just make sure your ground clamp is directly on the part you're working on.

I'd be more worried about dust and overspray from prep and cleanup (paint.)

Default Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

I've been busy, the Vietnam Traveling Wall was in town last weekend !
    My foot is healing well too!

oh Yea,
    Yesterday the 22nd, was the one year anniversary of the motorcycle accident!
    And my foot still has an open wound!
    Widgit

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-wall-2-jpg  
    Last edited by widgitmaster; 04-23-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Widgit, I don't post here as much as I should, but I really enjoy seeing your creations, especially the not so politically correct ones, there should be more of that in this world. It is the eve of ANZAC day here in Australia and while I am not a military person I really like the sign you did about thanking a soldier, being the type of American worth fighting for, and I might change it up a little and put civilian(or Aussie) instead of American so it works here and get a few into circulation.

That foot really is the stuff of nightmares, I hope it closes up for you soon.

Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by epineh View Post
    Hey Widgit, I don't post here as much as I should, but I really enjoy seeing your creations, especially the not so politically correct ones, there should be more of that in this world. It is the eve of ANZAC day here in Australia and while I am not a military person I really like the sign you did about thanking a soldier, being the type of American worth fighting for, and I might change it up a little and put civilian(or Aussie) instead of American so it works here and get a few into circulation.

That foot really is the stuff of nightmares, I hope it closes up for you soon.

Russell.
    Thanks Russell!
    Feel free to change it as needed, please post a picture of the final product!

My foot is healing faster, looks healthy, and i'm scheduled for an MRI to ensure there is NO infection in the bones!
    The Wound Clinic has installed a vacuum pump on the heel of my foot, the negative pressure pulls the blood to the surface increasing circulation.
    It's a little annoying to drag around, but I can Ride my Trike with it, and it is helping allot!

Have FUN!
    Widgit

Here are a few of my latest creations!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2335-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2417-jpg  
    Last edited by widgitmaster; 04-24-2018 at 09:30 AM. Reason: typo
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Well, after all the USMC plaques I've made, I finally got one for me

Today I replaced the spindle on Big Red, the bearings were getting loud after I crashed the machine with a bad Z move
    Now it's nice and quiet again!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-popeye-us-navy-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Widget,
    Looks like a fine "Selfe" to me! LOL

Country Bubba

Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Downloads
    Uploads

Navy!
    There goes the neighborhood!!!
    Great work Widgit! Glad the hoof is healing nicely! Hey a second use for the vacuum pump could be a vacuum clamping system for Big Red!
    But, only after the foot heals!
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Hey Widget,
    Looks like a fine "Selfe" to me! LOL

Country Bubba
    Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Navy!
    There goes the neighborhood!!!
    Great work Widgit! Glad the hoof is healing nicely! Hey a second use for the vacuum pump could be a vacuum clamping system for Big Red!
    But, only after the foot heals!
    Bill

Thanks Guys!
    Widgit

It's been a while, but here is another addition to the list!
    Been fighting an infection in my foot, fortunately the antibiotics have done their job!

Hope you all like this one as much as I do

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2445-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2449-jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Love it, a perfect addition for your Gallery.
    You ought to have an Art Gallery showing of all your stuff. It would be a hit.

Hope the infection goes away quickly and doesn't return.

Country Bubba

Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Downloads
    Uploads

Glad to hear the infection is getting taken care of.
    The surface finish on your plaques is outstanding. The unpainted 'scars' thumbnail looks like a render.

Quote Originally Posted by skrubol View Post
    Glad to hear the infection is getting taken care of.
    The surface finish on your plaques is outstanding. The unpainted 'scars' thumbnail looks like a render.
    Hey SkruBol!
    Thanks!
    The crisp quality has a lot to do with the cutters, and accurately measuring the tool lengths!
    I have been using a new carbide insert cutter for all the 60-Deg stuff, its made by:
    Amana Tool RC-1108 Insert V-Groove 60 Deg
    The inserts cost the same as the 3/4" dia. brazed KEMPSTON carbide cutters, so its the initial cost of the cutter body that's high!
    Soon, I plan on getting the large 45 Deg. cutter too!
    Mach3 allows me to enter the tool lengths, so the point is exactly where the endmill left off!
    I've been running the 60-Deg cutter at 24000 RPM, 30-IPM / 20-IPM plunge feed at a depth of 0.6" !

When you first put the cutter in the spindle, it looks like its wobbling! But it's dead on center!
    The inserts can be damaged easily, but they are a higher grade of carbide and last longer!
    The cutting edge geometry is excellent, and the body allows for rapid chip removal! The finish is excellent, and requires less sanding & scraping than the other cutters!
    Widgit

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-rck-56-b-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-rc-1108_1-jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Widgetmaster,

I came here looking for ideas for my future build. What I found in your build was a Master Class on machine design, machining and an experience that will last a lifetime.

I'm a retired Union Electrician, also served in the US Army for several years a lifetime ago and am grateful for the insight into your life.

I hope your injuries heal promptly, you never tire of Big Red, and your service to your fellow man continues for many years to come.

Thank you,
    Joe Ohlandt

Downloads
    Uploads

Eric, are you creating your art? What are you using to create the art?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Ohlandt View Post
    Widgetmaster,

I came here looking for ideas for my future build. What I found in your build was a Master Class on machine design, machining and an experience that will last a lifetime.

I'm a retired Union Electrician, also served in the US Army for several years a lifetime ago and am grateful for the insight into your life.

I hope your injuries heal promptly, you never tire of Big Red, and your service to your fellow man continues for many years to come.

Thank you,
    Joe Ohlandt

Thank you Joe!
    I'm glad to have another Veteran in the zone!
    My foot is healing nicely, soon i'll be finished with all the Doctors & Nurses!
    Although they are wonderful company, the bills are killing me
    Widgit

Quote Originally Posted by ViperTX View Post
    Eric, are you creating your art? What are you using to create the art?
    Hey Viper!
    People text me images, and I use VcarvePro to convert to vectors, then to a tool path!

Last edited by widgitmaster; 06-10-2018 at 11:59 PM. Reason: typo

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool thank you for the info. Veteran here also 70-72.

Here are a few of the newest carvings!

Sorry, but this is the best picture I could get of Bubba!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-attachment-1-4-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2479-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-attachment-1-1-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2483-jpg  

WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2457-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by widgitmaster; 06-11-2018 at 12:06 AM.

After many hours of exhausting research, I've finally found an incredibly safe three wheel motorcycle!
    Only wish I was on this one a year ago

No, I didn't build this one, but I like it and it's diesel too!
    Widgit

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2482-jpg  

Page 83 of 91 FirstFirst ... 337380818283848586 ... LastLast