WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle - Page 140

Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4090130137138139140
Results 1,669 to 1,671 of 1671

Thread: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Glad to hear your thermostat saved your spindle!
    The other 3 spindle failures, were they bearings? Do you run a warm up routine on your router?
    Any idea about the VFD failures? Seems like very short lifetimes for electronics.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Quote Originally Posted by skrubol View Post
    Glad to hear your thermostat saved your spindle!
    The other 3 spindle failures, were they bearings? Do you run a warm up routine on your router?
    Any idea about the VFD failures? Seems like very short lifetimes for electronics.
    The 1st set burned up as I was trying to learn Mach3, and the PMDX spindle control board!
    Something was set totally wrong, and both the inverter & spindle went up in smoke!
    The 2nd set burned up before I figured out how to program the thermostat's high limits, as I had bogus info on the maximum allowable spindle temperature!
    I don't read Chinese , and the internet is full of erroneous information!
    The 3rd spindle crashed into the aluminum spoil board, and started to move. Needless to say, the spindle bent, then the bearings went out!

Expensive learning curve, to say the least!

Downloads
    Uploads

I guess I spoke too soon

Two weeks ago Big Red died!
    The x-axis started misbehaving, and I've been frantically trying to get everything working again!
    First I started replacing motor plugs, as they were over heating! Then I replaced the Gecko driver, and a few circuit boards.

With no changes, I decided it's time for an Upgrade!!
    So I removed all the water lines from within the wire-tracks, and replaced them with larger tubing zip tied on the outside of the wire-tracks!
    Then I purchased an inline water strainer, to minimize the particle size flowing through the Spindle's ports! This has significantly reduced the spindle's running temperature!
    Then I removed all the cables that feed the steppers, as I had used 18-AWG 4C Stranded & Shielded cables. They were upgraded to 16-AWG, to reduce the resistance which is over heating the plugs!
    The problems did not go away, so I removed the Mach3 software & the Win-7 software. That's when I realized Mach3 would not install in Win-7 with all the upgrades loaded!
    So I spent an entire evening uninstalling ALL the Security Upgrades, then I was able to install Mach3 .

Now I have motion in all three axis, and the spindle starts if I press the button on the Spindle Speed Control Board.
    But the spindle will not start when a g-code program is running?
    I have checked all the parameters in the VFD Inverter, and they are correct & unchanged!

Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2545-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2546-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2547-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2549-jpg  

WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2550-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_2551-jpg  

Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4090130137138139140