New Machine Build This is my new CNC - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is my new CNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: This is my new CNC

Ok I am sorry for late replay.

The T-slot table is all made from steel. It was manufactured on VERY BIG Siemens CNC by my friend.
    For now I am not going to use any system for lubrication. I'll do that regularly by hand. But I am planning in the feature to fix that too.
    Yesterday I try to run it for the first time.

It works great.

Today I was working on running the Spindle. I'll show some videos.

I'll make HD photos. I've done a lot of thinks since last time.

Downloads
    Uploads

hi question is there a special reason you used. the round linear rails instead of the square ? ptice ? and which accuracy do you aim for thx thomas

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I used round because it is a router. The build is from square steel tubes. It is very hard to use profile bearings on this kind of machines. Round linear rails are more flexible and they don't stick that easy like the profile rails if they are little misaligned.
    Profile rails are best for heavy duty mills. And they are positioned on flat steel surfaces.
    Also the price. I bought this parts in 2012 year. In that time it was very hard to find profile rails for good price. Now there is HIWI or something like that.
    I am going for 0.01mm precision.

Also the max save speed I've got is 2000mm/min. It is not super fast but it is save and strong.
    The gantry completely with the motor and everything is around 140kg.

Downloads
    Uploads

Very GOOD job

Dunno how I missed this...very nice machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been noticing a lot of people mounting those linear rails on cold rolled tube. I didn't think CR tube was straight or accurate enough to have parallel linear slides on them? Shouldn't people be experiencing a lot of binding or premature wear without machining the mounting surfaces flat first?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by justCNCit View Post
    I've been noticing a lot of people mounting those linear rails on cold rolled tube. I didn't think CR tube was straight or accurate enough to have parallel linear slides on them? Shouldn't people be experiencing a lot of binding or premature wear without machining the mounting surfaces flat first?
    This is a very old thread 2012, but it's good to see it's still alive, it was a good solid build

This type of rail are very forgiving and some of the bearing are adjustable so the mounting surfaces don't have to be perfect

The only problem with rail mounting like this the accuracy is only as good as the rail mounting

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12