Build Thread Big Ape's CRP-2448 build - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Ape's CRP-2448 build

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes sir!...Very nice build!...I'm also getting the 2448 kit from CRP. I'll be installing a VFD spindle on the unit. One question. How is the rigidity of the unit? I'm looking to hold tolerances in the .003 range. Again...exellent build!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ehawley View Post
    Yes sir!...Very nice build!...I'm also getting the 2448 kit from CRP. I'll be installing a VFD spindle on the unit. One question. How is the rigidity of the unit? I'm looking to hold tolerances in the .003 range. Again...exellent build!
    thank you for your comments...

as for rigidity... it feels very solid... except for one thing... out of curiosity, i used a dial indicator to see if there's any flex at the middle of the X (48" axis) when the gantry is in the middle... and i think i'll have to do it again but i do see some flex... but aside from that, it's pretty solid.

i'll probably end up putting some legs in the middle...

as for precision... sorry, this is my first venture in to cncrouting and so i'm still a noob barely learning to crawl...

[SIZE="1"]my first..."[B][COLOR="Red"]Big Ape[/COLOR][/B]" CNCRP 2448 [URL="http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc_wood_router_project_log/151447-big_apes_crp-2448_build.html"]Build Log[/URL][/SIZE]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Big Ape's CRP-2448 build

Reviving a dead thread here...

Howdy folks of CNCZ! been a while and life has a way of keeping us busy from our hobbies.

anyways, i was in process of upgrading my home/limit switches to Inductive ones and have been able to get it to work.
    i must have done something but now that i have movement, my SuperPID is not responsive and luck has it that my router crapped out on me... i guess it's a way of telling me to do that VFD/Spindle jump that i've always wanted to do.

i'm looking at 110V Huanyang Inverter & Watercooled Spindle... i know many suggest that 220V would have been better (?) but in any ways, i'm committed.

i have the following wiring diagram for G540 setup i'm currently using and wanted to see if everything is ok before i commit.

thanks in advance for your patience and input!

Al

Big Ape's CRP-2448 build-wiring-diagram-vfd-g540-jpg

[SIZE="1"]my first..."[B][COLOR="Red"]Big Ape[/COLOR][/B]" CNCRP 2448 [URL="http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc_wood_router_project_log/151447-big_apes_crp-2448_build.html"]Build Log[/URL][/SIZE]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123