Build Thread Big Bamboo - New Machine Project Started - Page 33

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2330313233

Thread: Big Bamboo - New Machine Project Started

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Big Bamboo - New Machine Project Started

SORRY, I CAN'T USE YOUTUB IN CHINA.
    Can you email me a video or photo?
    If you need mineral castings.You can contact me,I'm from China,My company has produced a lot of products, small can reach 100KG, large can do 46 tons.Linear motors

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Big Bamboo - New Machine Project Started

Wow...another 2 years since my last post. But anyway, my BigBamboo machine is still going strong. After 12 years total, I guess the build was worthwhile.

I am still doing projects that seem unique (to me at least) and often supported with specialized software that I write for the intended purpose.

My last software project is a tool to generate tool paths for flat machined dovetail and finger joints. These can be standard (perpendicular) or have compound angles, be half blind or pocketed and can do an inlayed joint as well. Looking good so far and I will publish it to my freeware collection probably in a few weeks.

Here are some pictures of a 5-sided box with finger joints and walls that are slanted 30 degrees from vertical. The pattern on the lid is a vcarve inlay made with Vectric software (demon-proof design with pentagram and horus eyes ) .

Big Bamboo - New Machine Project Started-compundanglefingers-jpg

Big Bamboo - New Machine Project Started-boxclamp-jpg

Big Bamboo - New Machine Project Started-boxcomplete-jpg

Big Bamboo - New Machine Project Started-boxopen-jpg

Other joint types are possible as well, but I still need to do a real project:

Big Bamboo - New Machine Project Started-jointcomplete-jpgBig Bamboo - New Machine Project Started-fingerjointoutside-jpg

Puzzle, Finger Joint, Maze and Guilloche freeware at https://fabrikisto.com/tailmaker-software/

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2330313233