5 axis build full steam ahead! - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: 5 axis build full steam ahead!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 5 axis build full steam ahead!

your post 75... you should make a communicating-water-level.... and use a micrometer....

Communicating water level 77

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Master of nun View Post
    I've posted this in a BC axis thread But to try and keep it all together I should post it here also.

I managed to get a few or things sorted with my BC head along with the rotating nut this last week.

Basicaly I' shortened the two axis to make it more compact,40mm on the C axis and about 30mm on the B
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

You can make out here how far the stepper is recessed inside the housing(the machined square in centre), this housing is mearly a means of connecting the two turntables at right angles to eachother.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Machining the slots for bolts connecting the housing to the B axis turntable
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

A shot showing the housing upsidedown, harmonic drives and steppers bolted inside.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The square attached to B axis is two pices of 12mm plate, one will be welded to the end of the 150 x 150 x 6mm RHS of the Z column, the other bolted to previous after machining for any error in alignment from horizontal in both planes.
    [IMG][/IMG]

More on this as it progresses

Liam.
    Hi Liam love the post on your rotating nut build do you have any more info to share keep up the good work cheers

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567