Joes 2nd Machine

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Joes 2nd Machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Joes 2nd Machine

First of all i had build a simple and cheap CNC Machine for one purpose only, to be able to machine parts for my New CNC Machine I am building now.

Here is the 1st machine..

Also a teaser of it cutting..

http://www.lumenlab.com/~joe2000chev...-cnc%20new.wmv

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joes 2nd Machine-controllor-board-test-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-final-machine-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-dscf0382a-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-dscf0381a-jpg  

Last edited by cncadmin; 05-03-2005 at 07:53 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK now that I built the 1st one I was able to learn the software and working of CNC, then came the task of drawing up plans, I got a jrgo plans, but they had an even smaller cutting area than the 1st one i built this would not do me, so I sat Down and redrew it all to a much larger machine, This one will have a cutting area of around 26"x45" (to be finally determaned when finished). After I got it all modeled the way I wanted it came the task of starting to manufacture all the parts.

So now here are the parts I have done thus far for your enjoyment and questions are open. Here is a screen capture of the model.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joes 2nd Machine-final-drawing-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-gantry_both_sides-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-gantry_lt_side-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-gantry_rt_side-jpg  

Joes 2nd Machine-gantry_cutouts-jpg  
    Last edited by joecnc2006; 04-25-2005 at 04:12 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cutting parts on 1st CNC Machine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joes 2nd Machine-cutting_x_axis1-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-cutting_x_axis2-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-small_adj_blk-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-x_-axis_assembly1-jpg  

Joes 2nd Machine-x_-axis_assembly2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Now the Gantry, Also sitting on 1st machine to compare the size.

And last pic of EMC cutting parts on 1st machine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joes 2nd Machine-gantry_put_together_1-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-gantry-4-13-05-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-gantry_with_z_axis-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-linux-emc-4-13-05-jpg  

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice work Joe, I bet this goes much faster then the first one

Downloads
    Uploads

yes, 1st one took about 3 weeks, this one is taking about 2 weeks (working in the evening, and a weekend, but I should be finished this weekend.

Last edited by joecnc2006; 04-25-2005 at 04:14 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking good Joe!! I've started on a second smaller machine in steel, mostly, and I'm still finishing the little parts on my first machine.....Too many ideas, not enough time.....!! Keep the posts coming love to see new builds, especially different approaches to the same problem....

BTW, are you using the BDI for EMC???

Last edited by lurch; 04-23-2005 at 03:20 AM. Reason: a question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Joe I must applaud you on not only building a 1st machine but also a 2nd!!!!!!! man you don't hang around. When making your'e own machine would you recommend building the basic structure 1st ie just basically the frame and then getting leadscrews, motors etc after or do you get all the materials 1st and then make the frame to fit??? It puzzles me of what is the besy way to go any help is always very well appreciated. Laz.

Downloads
    Uploads

Aren't you going to get a lot of flex with those long unsupported pipes?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lurch
    Looking good Joe!! I've started on a second smaller machine in steel, mostly, and I'm still finishing the little parts on my first machine.....Too many ideas, not enough time.....!! Keep the posts coming love to see new builds, especially different approaches to the same problem....

BTW, are you using the BDI for EMC???
    yes, the one i have is BDI-EMC 4.18

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kammo1
    Joe I must applaud you on not only building a 1st machine but also a 2nd!!!!!!! man you don't hang around. When making your'e own machine would you recommend building the basic structure 1st ie just basically the frame and then getting leadscrews, motors etc after or do you get all the materials 1st and then make the frame to fit??? It puzzles me of what is the besy way to go any help is always very well appreciated. Laz.
    What i do is see the parts that is most available and easy to get then build a machine around that. For example the standard lengths and standard thread and pipe dia.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cut out the Anti Backlash Nut Assembly, here is a picture on CNC Machine and a Finished Assembly.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joes 2nd Machine-cutting-anti-backlash-nuts-jpg   Joes 2nd Machine-anti-backlash-nuts-assembly-jpg  

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast