Need Help! Chamfering PCB GOLD FINGER conector angle (90, 120, 140) parameter HPTec type 850

Thread: Chamfering PCB GOLD FINGER conector angle (90, 120, 140) parameter HPTec type 850

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chamfering PCB GOLD FINGER conector angle (90, 120, 140) parameter HPTec type 850

Hi everyone, I need help with PCB chamfering.

I would need help with the parameters of this tool and basic things, such as the direction of machining and the basic things that can affect the final quality of the cut.

I don't know what I'm doing next, so that the connector is always 100% and has no burrs !!!! It also depends on the thickness of the PCB, what worked at 1.5 mm thickness may no longer work at 0.8 mm.

The only message from the manufacturer regarding the parameter is:
    Spindle speed as low as possible 10.-20k in feed x; y axis start with 0,5m / min and set up higher step by step so long as the quality of champfering is good enough.

The Schmoll machine we use works in min.15k and max.60k

My parameters that I use so far are:
    0,8 90 0,5m/min 35k Converional milling.
    1,5 120 0,15m/min 15k Climb milling.
    1,5 140 0,4m/min 20k Climb milling.

Thank you all for your time. Alternatively, for links where I could learn the basics about milling from the very beginning.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chamfering PCB GOLD FINGER  conector angle (90, 120, 140) parameter HPTec type 850-850-jpg   Chamfering PCB GOLD FINGER  conector angle (90, 120, 140) parameter HPTec type 850-k1-jpg   Chamfering PCB GOLD FINGER  conector angle (90, 120, 140) parameter HPTec type 850-k2-jpg   Chamfering PCB GOLD FINGER  conector angle (90, 120, 140) parameter HPTec type 850-k3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chamfering PCB GOLD FINGER conector angle (90, 120, 140) parameter HPTec type 85

Hi Suspan!

It looks like the issue you have is you are using a Countersink to to Chamfer your PCBs and you should be using a Chamfer Mill. A countersink is designed to chamfer holes but will not work well when side milling to chamfer edges, you need a chamfer mill instead. Here are the 1/4" Diameter x 3 Flute Sharp Point Carbide Chamfer Mills we have had success with:
    https://www.toolhit.com/collections/...oducts/25-90d3

But any sharp point/edge chamfer mill you can find should work well for you. With these tools I would Climb Mill and your speeds and feeds look correct. The Chamfer Mill will fix your issue. If you have any questions let me know, hopefully this helps!

Mike
    ToolHIT-Online Shopping for Industrial Products

www.toolhit.com