Where to buy bits for my CNC

Thread: Where to buy bits for my CNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Where to buy bits for my CNC

I want to do some hobby projects with my CNC. Mostly wood. I am just a beginner and want to buy a stock of bits.
    The price difference between several website are very big. On bangood I find very cheap ones. But I guess the quality is also not the best. They also don't mention feed and speeds. Sites like toolstoday offer quality for higher prices. What is your recommendation for a beginner?

Sent from my MI 6X using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Where to buy bits for my CNC

Since I work with wood and carbide is much,much harder than wood I know that any carbide will easily cope with the material.I have never yet bought a useless cutter from any source.I did find that one included in a very cheap router kit was pretty poor but it wasn't something I even realised was there.I have bought complete kits when the big sheds have a special offer and never used 70% of those included so now I look on amazon and Ebay and they have all worked.It costs three times as much to get them sharpened as they cost to buy so when they eventually get blunt I buy new.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    I have never yet bought a useless cutter from any source.
    I totally agree. Even the cheapest carbide cutters and drills I've bought on eBay from Chinese sellers worked great - unlike their HSS tools which were mostly blunt and crooked pieces of questionable metal.

I guess it takes a certain level of materials, equipment and expertise to manufacture a carbide tool. So any carbide tool that makes it to the market will be good, or at least usable.

Downloads
    Uploads

ebay has alot of bits.
    mark-s

Downloads
    Uploads

Bob Warfield just published his survey results: https://www.cnccookbook.com/cnccookbook-2018-end-mill-survey-winners/

I've had good luck with ebay purchases. The best advice I can give you is to remember to treat all advertised dimensions as NOMINAL. Use calipers to find what they actually are...