Vertical Lathe Spindle Tuning

Thread: Vertical Lathe Spindle Tuning

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vertical Lathe Spindle Tuning

Hi Guys,

I'm having some problems in tuning the spindle for my vertical lathe.
    The spindle is driven by a DC motor and drive by a taiwanese dc drive.
    The motor is with brush and with a field of 110/220V. The problems that i'm having is that the spindle RPM is not consistent. Everytime i start the spindle, it will accelerate very fast and the RPM is way above my set RPM. I will take a few second before the RPM stay consistent to my setting. Further than that, when even i'm taking a rough cutting, the spindle will lag and need sometime to catch up with the RPM.
    I've tried to check with the drive manufacturer and they're not giving me any good solution. They'd only asked me to tune the drive. But i'm just don't know how to get this started. Can anyone give me some guidance on what i should do to make my spindle turn at my desired RPM?
    Please help .