Need Help! Choosing between Citizen A20 and Tornos DT26

Thread: Choosing between Citizen A20 and Tornos DT26

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Choosing between Citizen A20 and Tornos DT26

Hello,

My company is in the process of purchasing our first CNC Swiss Screw machine. We are now stuck between Citizen A20 and Tornos DT26.
    We wish to machine the following materials: SS, Aluminium, Titanium, Brass, etc.

We wanted to know:

1) What are your views on these machines and which one would you choose and why?

2) Have you faced any limitations in any of these machines?

3) Also, will there be a significant difference in the cycle time of machined components since Tornos machine has a high spindle power as compared to Citizen?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Choosing between Citizen A20 and Tornos DT26

I have no experience with Tornos but we have an A32 and I can honestly say Citizen is hands-down one of the best machine tool manufacturers on Earth IMO. Their service is unparalleled and the build quality is exceptional and they're extremely easy to program. We use Alkart CNC Wizard to program. If I recall correctly the software was dirt cheap too, something like $500-600. You'll pay 2900% more easily for CAM software capable of programming any Swiss machine. They also provide FREE programming help whether your shop shop bought a Citizen new OR used!