Citizen L32 - CNC Question



Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Citizen L32 - CNC Question

  1. #1
    JudeAustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Citizen L32 - CNC Question

    Hello,

    I am new to the Swiss lathe scene with a Cincom L32.

    I was curious about what the meaning of the CNC code is in parenthesis or after a forward slash:

    (M52)
    /M98H1

    What is the significance of the () and the /?

    I looked in the programming manual and didn't see anything for them.

    Thanks,
    Jude



  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    295
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Citizen L32 - CNC Question

    The code in parenthesis is "Man readable" and will NOT be seen during the running code.
    The forward slash / is used to SKIP the line after the slash WHEN "Block Skip" is chosen.

    Quote Originally Posted by JudeAustin View Post
    Hello,

    I am new to the Swiss lathe scene with a Cincom L32.

    I was curious about what the meaning of the CNC code is in parenthesis or after a forward slash:

    (M52)
    /M98H1

    What is the significance of the () and the /?

    I looked in the programming manual and didn't see anything for them.

    Thanks,
    Jude




  3. #3
    JudeAustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Excellent, thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by cogsman1 View Post
    The code in parenthesis is "Man readable" and will NOT be seen during the running code.
    The forward slash / is used to SKIP the line after the slash WHEN "Block Skip" is chosen.




  4. #4
    JudeAustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Alright, I found another one:

    G821R1

    What is the R1 after this G821?

    I don't see anything for that in the programmers manual either.



  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    us
    Posts
    37
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Citizen L32 - CNC Question

    From Alkart Wizard:

    G821 Main spindle endwork in $1
    Main spindle endwork using tool post adjacent to subspindle

    E.g - L520-VII Endwork

    $1 $2

    G821 G821

    M3 S1=3000
    G0 Z-1.0
    T2200
    M140
    G0 Z-1.0 T22
    G1 Z5.7 F.1
    G0 Z-1.0 T0
    M141

    G820 G820
    _____________________________

    I program an A32 which is different, so I'll give my GUESS that G821 invokes endworking WITH a tool post (such as a live tool post?) and the R1 invokes a tool call on that tool post?



  6. #6
    JudeAustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    I found an answer: https://en.industryarena.com/forum/s...=1#post2234510

    Quote Originally Posted by z369 View Post
    From Alkart Wizard:

    G821 Main spindle endwork in $1
    Main spindle endwork using tool post adjacent to subspindle

    E.g - L520-VII Endwork

    $1 $2

    G821 G821

    M3 S1=3000
    G0 Z-1.0
    T2200
    M140
    G0 Z-1.0 T22
    G1 Z5.7 F.1
    G0 Z-1.0 T0
    M141

    G820 G820
    _____________________________

    I program an A32 which is different, so I'll give my GUESS that G821 invokes endworking WITH a tool post (such as a live tool post?) and the R1 invokes a tool call on that tool post?




  7. #7

    Default Re: Citizen L32 - CNC Question

    JudeAustin, I saw you have a L32. Do you have a manual you can share? I'm stuck at home during this quarantine and have nothing to do.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Citizen L32 - CNC Question

Citizen L32 - CNC Question

Citizen L32 - CNC Question