Need Help! Miyano BNA-42MSY Threading & Tool Data Issues

Thread: Miyano BNA-42MSY Threading & Tool Data Issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Miyano BNA-42MSY Threading & Tool Data Issues

We have a Miyano BNA-42MSY w/Mitsubishi control recently purchased at auction. Trying to do rigid tapping with G84. Control parameters indicate the "Asynchronous Threading" function is active (checked). When I enter the following code with an ,R1 or ,R2, the control throws an alarm about functionality not available. If I use the ,R0 (non-asynchronous tapping) option, it works, but spindle and feed are not synchronized, causing problems. Is there a parameter setting or something else that needs to be set?

M92
    G84 Z-.380 D1 F.03125 S890,R1
    G80
    M96

Also, is there a way to prevent the control from storing the "Tool Data" (offset values) in the program and/or a default NOT to refresh the Tool Data when a program is activated? I still want to have the "MC Data" embedded in the program, but not the Tool Data.

Thanks for any input to solve these issues.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Miyano BNA-42MSY Threading & Tool Data Issues

Are you trying to use the main spindle to rigid-tap on spindle centerline?
    If so I dont think it will work I know the Mori NLX manual says you cannot do it, and it is a Mits control inside there.

Did you get this Miyano at Machine laboratory in Kansas?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, we got the machine at Machine Lab auction. Yes, I'm trying to rigid tap on main spindle, as well as sub-spindle on opposite end of part. I got the G32 function to process, but haven't applied the drills and taps. (Got other issues to contend with).

I'm also looking for the specific arguments for a G751 Re-grip cycle code for a Miyano BNA-42MSY w/Mitsubishi 70PLC-V control.

Or a method to pick a short part (.100 long) from the main spindle with the sub-spindle, pull to a specified length, re-grip, then position for cut-off with ~.650 sticking out of sub for back-side operations.

Thanks for any input.

Downloads
    Uploads

Like I said, I dont think you will be able to rigid tap on spindle centerline with a solid (non driven) tool.

I would just pull from the sub just like you described it, why do you need a special code.

Have you tried contacting Mclain Tool They are the Miyano rep for this area and sold those to Machine Lab new. Im sure you could get any apps question you have answered. They work on our older Miyanos and I recommend them highly.

www.mcclaintool.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the input.

The manual we have for the machine clearly details "Asynchronous Tapping" on the main spindle, it just doesn't work per the details in the manual. After all, it is a used machine.

The parts are 1/4" SS w/drill & tap 6-32 and a milled flat on both ends. Length varies from 8" to 14" (we are going to run as single cycle for now as we don't have rear eject functionality yet). Using a macro for the varying length and for the longer ones, I need to do a double pull to get the length. Ending up using G53 for initial grip, pull to macro value length (1/2 of total length for longer parts) return to re-grip by macro value length, pull again and re-position to get sub spindle length with G53 again. There was a reference in the manual we have to G751 "Re-Grip" cycle, but no details and I was hoping to learn more about it to use on this project.

We have had some success with McClain on other projects (we bought six machines, 4 Citizen L32's and 2 Miyano 42's from Machine Labs), however they have apparently bailed on this project. I have been told and believe that it is because we didn't purchase the equipment from them. So I've had to figure it out myself, a slow process, but I'm getting there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss-Jockey View Post
    We have a Miyano BNA-42MSY w/Mitsubishi control recently purchased at auction. Trying to do rigid tapping with G84. Control parameters indicate the "Asynchronous Threading" function is active (checked). When I enter the following code with an ,R1 or ,R2, the control throws an alarm about functionality not available. If I use the ,R0 (non-asynchronous tapping) option, it works, but spindle and feed are not synchronized, causing problems. Is there a parameter setting or something else that needs to be set?

M92
    G84 Z-.380 D1 F.03125 S890,R1
    G80
    M96

Also, is there a way to prevent the control from storing the "Tool Data" (offset values) in the program and/or a default NOT to refresh the Tool Data when a program is activated? I still want to have the "MC Data" embedded in the program, but not the Tool Data.

Thanks for any input to solve these issues.

CODE DESCRIPTION

G84-rigid tapping. Main Z1-S1 or sub Z2-S2

(MAIN SPL)
    T1414
    M3S1=500M8M28
    G0Z.05
    M92
    G84 Z-.5 R.03 D1 F.05 S500 ,R1
    G80
    M96

(LIVE SPL FACE)
    T1414
    M43S3=500M8M28
    G0Z.05 X.5
    G84 Z-.3 R.03 D3 F.05 S500 ,R1
    G80

(SUB SPL)
    T4444
    M103S2=500M8M28
    G0Z.05
    M192
    G84 Z-.5 R.03 D2 F.05 S500 ,R1
    G80
    M196

G84 Z-1. F.001 D1 R.03 S500,R1

Z-1. =Z position of the bottom of the hole

D1 =spindle S1 or D-1 for left hand taps

F.001 =Feed in IPR

R.03 =Rapid from current Z position the R amount incrementally.
    If starting at Z-.05 and R=.03 then the Z axis rapidly
    positions to "Z-.02"
    the same position "Z-.02". If you use "R-.03" it is the same
    as "R.03". Leave R out to start from current Z position.

S500=RPM

,R1=Synch. tap ,R0=Non Synch. tap ,R2= phase sync tap

Downloads
    Uploads

Swiss-jockey: Sorry but can you give me the full version of G code, M code for Miyano BNA 42 - DHY2 lathe?