pls, how to measure the tools on gang lathe ?

Thread: pls, how to measure the tools on gang lathe ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default pls, how to measure the tools on gang lathe ?

hello, we have a citizen L12 : i don't like the procedure for measuring tools, which involves contact between cutting edge and material

please, is there another way ? fast, reliable ? kindly

Similar Threads:
    we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: pls, how to measure the tools on gang lathe ?

hi cosmo we also thought of something like this, but it is still slow

we are preparing a setup ( od, id and live tools ), and the part cycle is pretty long; changing the tool also takes a while

after we change the tool, we need to run 2-3 parts to adjust the offset, and this simply takes too long; too loooong

i was told about an U shape thing, that allows fast repetition when changing drills, but this setup is done outside the machine, and after that the tool is put inside the machine

it still takes too long

i need something like a renishaw, etc, so to minimize the setup time

maybe i need to consider quick change tooling not a fancy thing, but a must / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

hy hfjbuis, pls, would you share a photo ?

hy z369, thx 4 the reply ...

i thought of tapping a thread @ the end of the od tools, and put a screw in there ... kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

thx hfjbus

Downloads
    Uploads

thx hfjbus

Downloads
    Uploads

hello colby thx for the reply

i know about sandvick qs from a while ago, i also have a few ideas about some alternatives, but i need to postpone them time is time ...

i don't use GOTOs, because it takes too much time to edit the program inside each operation, tool number is parameterized; if i wish to jump a specific operation, i simply put '-' in front of the variable that represents the tool

it is the same thing in the end, only that it is achieved with less keystrokes

also if each operation is inside a soubroutine, and i wish to jump over 3 operations, then i simply put '-' on 3 consecutive lines; like this, i don't scroll through the program

less editing time = less setup time = faster trials

also, oh god, i hate the citizen interface; i can't connect to the cnc through a local network, and i don't like running with the usb to the machine, and back to the pc / kindly