Using solidworks for tool path on Tsugami BW12

Thread: Using solidworks for tool path on Tsugami BW12

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Using solidworks for tool path on Tsugami BW12

I have a Tsugami BW12 lathe and I have a part that has a radius that gets milled across the part. I don't have any fancy program generators that can do the milling side of the work for this machine. I'm using a 1/16" end mill for this part, is it possible to just sketch a tool path 1/32" above the part following the geometry that way I can get my start and end points as well as the radius for the radius sketched. The radius on the drawing is .087in but when sketching above the part offset by .0312 for the tool my radius ends up being .0677. Is this a feasible way to do this or is there an easier way for figuring out radius's or arcs?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Using solidworks for tool path on Tsugami BW12

You can achieve your goal 1 of 2 ways.

1: as you describe, offset your desired shape by the radius of the tool. this will work fine

2: program the actual geometry, and use Cutter comp. You will have to enter your tool radius in the Tool Geometry and assign the correct T direction. Also make sure you have a lead in/lead out move greater than 1 radius of the tool or you will get a cutter comp error.

#2 is probably the better way, as you can control the size of your shape with cutter comp. you could also program to tool center line as in option 1 and use cutter comp as well, but start with 0 in your Tool Geometry Radius.

Personally, I would program the actual part profile because if the blueprint has a .125 radius, its easier to read the code when you see G3...R.125 instead of G3...R.1562. Also, in general, programming to the blueprint should be done as much as is practical so that the code reflects the features on the blueprint, not made up numbers that compensate for tool width or whatnot. That said, I see a decent number of people compensate for tool centerline.

CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Sir

We have a Tsugami BW12.
    We lost the backup of the machine.
    Can you provide the backup of the machine??
    urgently needed.......

Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

contact rem sales if your in the states, also for a few years they have shipped a usb drive in the front control cabinet