Tsugami Swiss SS207 Help Tips Ideas Fanuc 31i-A

Thread: Tsugami Swiss SS207 Help Tips Ideas Fanuc 31i-A

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tsugami Swiss SS207 Help Tips Ideas Fanuc 31i-A

Just got the new s207 with a programmable b axis. we have all Citizen swiss's and this is our first Tsugami. we are familiar with the fanuc controllers but everything seems like a pain compared to citizen fanuc controllers. we are setting up on front and back id tooling. angled drilling and using the b axis to mill at an angle any tips for anything for these machines would be most appreciated. Thank you for the help.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you just looking for the tool geometries? Programming?

More specific as to your question would help some.

Tsugami Abile software should help a lot. Input tool diameter, nose/drill tip angle, etc., then the "Z" geometry from Z0 either on main or sub. and the software will generate the appropriate code.

I've set-up/program the SS20/32 with angular face milling head and I input the correct data and the Abile Post is good.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am fimilar with this machine and can help if you give more detail as far as what kinda of tips your looking for. I was under the impression all the S207 machines came with 32I model A controls and only the new S207-5AX come with a 31I B5 control. This makes a difference when programming complex parts. 3 Basic tips I can think off the top of my head:

Always make sure G68.1 is turned off after stopping in the middle of a program. Running Safety program (normally o9001) with g68.1 will smash your cutoff. Typing G69.1 in MDI mode will become second nature!

Using subspindle to support part, say to use b axis for surfacing, can be very difficult with ID drill gang getting in the way. Always dry run program in this case and watch for clearance.

Watch out for chip buildup behind your B axis. I have had machine servo alarm out due to chip not letting B axis to return to its B90 position.

Hope this is a helpful start.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear all!

My company had purchased used Tsugami HS207, but we miss manual from the supplier.
    Does anyone of you have the M-code list and other data that can be helpful (including ss207/327)?

Thanks in advance for your help!