Spindle Rpm too low

Thread: Spindle Rpm too low

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle Rpm too low

Ive owned my Pro48x96 cncrouterparts for 6 yrs with no problems. I purchased all the electronics prewired from Cncrouterparts including the gmt air cooled 2.2kw spindle.
    Yesterday I removed both control boxes to move them six inches to the left and layed the boxes in the floor(still hooked up) while I worked on the wall. Today I have no rpm control in mach3 I can start and stop the spindle from mach3 but its stuck on a low rpm mach3 shows 8900. Ive cked all the wires and retighted the connections and did a continuity test on the 4 pin wire plug coming from the CRP speed controller to the spindle. With no known issues be4 I moved my electronics and did not change anything in the setup prior to this issue.
    A some software issue is my guess or the voltage to the spindle is on low. Mach 3 will control on and off to the spindle but the rpm is fixed low and cannot be adjusted. Thks Rob

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Rpm too low

There are 2 connections between the VFD and the breakout board that supply ground and a 0-10V signal that provide speed control. They are sometimes labeled RS- and RS+. Sounds as if the connections have been broken. VFDs vary in connection layout, but have a look there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Heres some pics of my setup
    If Im understanding you I have a bad ground or voltage wire is broken.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spindle Rpm too low-20201130_192813-jpg   Spindle Rpm too low-20201130_192645-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

open up the vfd to expose the wiring connections.

Identify the speed control connections (rs- and rs+) and follow the wiring to the breakout board in the other cabinet. I'm guessing you'll find one of those connections is open.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will ck these first thing in the morning. Ck the rs wires in the lower cabinet. Thank you very much for your help. Ill post back tomorrow

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robjeffking View Post
    I will ck these first thing in the morning. Ck the rs wires in the lower cabinet. Thank you very much for your help. Ill post back tomorrow
    Are you using ( 1 ) Power Supply source to the both Boxes and ( 1 ) Star Ground Point I have seen where this system is using to different Power Supplies doing so you have a Ground loop which will cause these problems

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

The VFD is powered up on its on 220v line. The bigger box is powered up
    On a separate 110v. I looked this morning and saw no obivous signs of a open circuit. I tested the cable between
    The two boxes but they all seem to fine.
    I just dont see how laying the boxes
    On the floor to insulate the wall
    Would cause this issue. This why it didnt disconnect any connections and laid them in the floor with the slack cable. Is there a manual way to test
    The output voltage going to the spindle?

Downloads
    Uploads

UPDATE: Out of desperation I tried
    one more time to fire up mach3 thinking it would just fix itself(gremlins) automatically
    Overnight. This time instead of
    Using the mouse to raise the rpm I used the "plus minus /add arrows" on mach 3
    And the spindle responded. At 100% sro
    sounds lower than it used to but I can crank it up to 22000rpms and it sounds great. Im grateful its working again but slightly apprehensive that this could happen again with not understanding why. Thk you all for your replys and help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robjeffking View Post
    UPDATE: Out of desperation I tried
    one more time to fire up mach3 thinking it would just fix itself(gremlins) automatically
    Overnight. This time instead of
    Using the mouse to raise the rpm I used the "plus minus /add arrows" on mach 3
    And the spindle responded. At 100% sro
    sounds lower than it used to but I can crank it up to 22000rpms and it sounds great. Im grateful its working again but slightly apprehensive that this could happen again with not understanding why. Thk you all for your replys and help.
    Yes there system wired like this causes a Ground loop, this happens when you have ( 2 ) separate Grounds being used and the ( 2 ) cabinets are connected problems you had can be caused by a Ground loop, this type of wiring should never be used for a machine of any kind

Mactec54