About that CNCRP name change....

Thread: About that CNCRP name change....

Downloads
    Uploads

Default About that CNCRP name change....

.... will you all be selling "Avid CNC" stickers so I can update my machine?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: About that CNCRP name change....

That’s new. Was just on their site yesterday and never noticed. At least they never raised their prices again

I don't actually know anything about CNC router tables , but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Downloads
    Uploads

It was pretty hard to search with such a generic name. My machine doesn't have any branding other than the controller box. Why not put your own thing on it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

Yes, we did rebrand several weeks ago to Avid CNC to better reflect what we do as a company - we sell more than just parts at this point. This has been in the works for a while, but as you can imagine there's quite a bit of work associated with a name change. Case in point, this is still in the CNC Router Parts forum. I guess we need to work on an updated forum name as well!

Here's our official release on the name change:

https://www.cncrouterparts.com/AvidCNC

Ahren
    Avid CNC | CNC Router Parts

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeekseven View Post
    It was pretty hard to search with such a generic name. My machine doesn't have any branding other than the controller box. Why not put your own thing on it?

CNC router parts is even more terrible a name to search. Names are a hard thing. I found out that there are not one, but THREE!!! other CNC related companies with my name (as in, my actual name). So ill be calling my new company frweifbheilajkftvhksjvghlskgvnerhklvgthi inc.

:P

I do question weather it's a good idea to change your name just as you are becoming well known under the other one, but I suppose there is no actual good time.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's what I meant. The old name was hard to search because it would bring up so many Chinese sites for parts. The new name will eventually be easier. Cncrp would render better results, but still, name changes can't be easy. With the amount of people using them now, on YouTube and in the maker scene, avid will be less generic sounding.

At least they didn't sell out to stratasys and ruin the company and potentially sour the scene with garbage. I hate the startup culture of abandoning a passionate pursuit after seemingly gaining traction. Look at Oculus. They brought about the VR market and sold it to the worst possible company. Huge corporations that lost the ability to pivot quickly or even pay attention to the end user.

Avid and their people are active in the community and communicate well with them. I really feel like I chose the right company.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well that changed from "the name is hard to search" to "I hate Bre" pretty quick :P

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ahren View Post
    Hi all,

Yes, we did rebrand several weeks ago to Avid CNC to better reflect what we do as a company - we sell more than just parts at this point. This has been in the works for a while, but as you can imagine there's quite a bit of work associated with a name change. Case in point, this is still in the CNC Router Parts forum. I guess we need to work on an updated forum name as well!

Here's our official release on the name change:

https://www.cncrouterparts.com/AvidCNC

Ahren
    Avid CNC | CNC Router Parts
    Except Avid has been around for a long time as Video Editing software and hardware. I learned that years ago when I was doing that in another hobby venture. https://www.avid.com

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Except Avid has been around for a long time as Video Editing software and hardware. I learned that years ago when I was doing that in another hobby venture. https://www.avid.com
    Also the name of a bicycle brake brand which is mostly what shows up if you google avid cnc.

Also, what shows up is a completely other brand of cnc plasma machine called avid.

Downloads
    Uploads

Didn't know that there was another avid CNC brand.

Downloads
    Uploads

Personally I like the old name.
    I’v never associate the company as a parts supplier, but I could see where new people unfamiliar with the company may interpret that?
    I’m actually in the process of ordering a Pro right away

I don't actually know anything about CNC router tables , but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Personally I like the old name.
    I’v never associate the company as a parts supplier, but I could see where new people unfamiliar with the company may interpret that?
    I’m actually in the process of ordering a Pro right away
    I think the problems with searching are specific issues with specific models. Looking for the old name with 48x96 behind it will show all kinds of kits for a 48x96 CNC.