4th axis touch probing - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th axis touch probing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeekseven View Post
    The wildhorse probe person wrote back to me this morning. I specifically asked about the fact that someone in the forums said they never received the device and never had anyone contact them. This is what he wrote back with.

Hi,

We are currently able to ship orders within 2 business days of receipt of payment. We did have an interruption in production which required that we refund a small number or orders in order to deal fairly with our customers. This interruption was cased by circumstances outside of our control.

Thanks for you purchase and please contact us with any concerns or questions you may have.

----

I now will be getting the ebay one that was suggested in this forum and I might get the wildhorse one. I'm going to wait for a while to see if it actually comes in. If not, I can always get a refund. If it does, I can compare them and post what I find on here. I might have one to sell at some point. Or I can eat the cost.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Well the one I ordered off eBay offers a 30 day return. Its also interesting that I was told the exact same thing when I ordered from Wild Horse. They said they had some medical issues and it was resolved and that was back in early November. They said they would ship next Wednesday, and never did and never answered any emails. I would like to believe in people and give them a chance but it went on and on.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Well the one I ordered off eBay offers a 30 day return. Its also interesting that I was told the exact same thing when I ordered from Wild Horse. They said they had some medical issues and it was resolved and that was back in early November. They said they would ship next Wednesday, and never did and never answered any emails. I would like to believe in people and give them a chance but it went on and on.
    The crazy thing is that they have 100% seller ratings on the last year. How is that possible? Man,I cannot understand how this type of thing can last so long and they are still able to sell stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads

I order the Wild Horse one off their website not eBay. Maybe they are shipping the eBay ones?

Downloads
    Uploads

I order the Wild Horse one off their website not eBay. Maybe they are shipping the eBay ones?
    Me too. But I find that they sell on eBay, so I contacted the seller that way. They have written 2 times this morning. I'm waiting for them to confirm my order now.

Downloads
    Uploads

I got the Crafty CNC one today off eBay in the mail today. Very professionally done, a reusable container. Nice connectors set at one end the other is stripped and ready for your plug or however connection. The contacts are in series and NC and so when you press the tip a bit in any direction it opens the circuit. I think Mach3 can use either NC or NO just by checking a box. I am using the CNC RP plug and play setup for NEMA 34 so I have a plug coming the will go into a prewired jack in the controller box. I got a longer cable with my setup so it was $135 and Free shipping. He also includes a 50% off discount for his probe software. So yes, I am impressed. I have never done probing with Mach3 only with a IMService CNC router table years ago, and was not impressed by the cobble job interface.

Downloads
    Uploads

I got the Crafty CNC one today off eBay in the mail today. Very professionally done, a reusable container. Nice connectors set at one end the other is stripped and ready for your plug or however connection. The contacts are in series and NC and so when you press the tip a bit in any direction it opens the circuit. I think Mach3 can use either NC or NO just by checking a box. I am using the CNC RP plug and play setup for NEMA 34 so I have a plug coming the will go into a prewired jack in the controller box. I got a longer cable with my setup so it was $135 and Free shipping. He also includes a 50% off discount for his probe software. So yes, I am impressed. I have never done probing with Mach3 only with a IMService CNC router table years ago, and was not impressed by the cobble job interface.
    I got mine in yesterday too. Do you have a touch plate already? The probe can be remapped to aux2,. I use aux1 as the touch plate. But you would have to either switch the devices out, or have a second profile with aux2 mapped to probe.

Downloads
    Uploads

No I do not have the touch plate but why could they not share the same AUX port, except maybe the touch plate is NO and the probe is NC?

I will need to brush up on the connections before I do any probing. I am more than likely going to purchase his program as its only $15, but I know it will not replace the Mach3 Wizard. Its only 4 Deg F here and I hate to run the heat in the shop up to 70 from 45 just to do the wiring.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have mine in my basement, I'll try and do some things this week with it. I have several of the connectors already for some plc stuff I have.
    They could share the same port, I'll have to check to see the difference, if any, but I could add something to allow for one to function the other way. I guess they could both use the same port and then separate the macros and make sure to use one over the other when I need to. I'm just not super familiar with Mach programming. I use the touch plate for tool changes and rely on it. Not sure how I could do the same with the probe.
    Still waiting to see if the other one actually arrives. It does have a touch off function. But requires taking parts off. I really plan on using the probe for my rotary mainly. That is, unless I find more uses and want to import surface shapes to wrap around. Like a log, or several logs with the same design wrapped.

Downloads
    Uploads

FWIW wmgeorge, I found it an incredible PITA to have to change ports and pins settings every time I switched probes. In the end I added a N/C probe socket to the controller case, wired through a little FET inverter and then in parallel into the N/O input on the BOB. Now I leave both plugged in and the only thing I need to be careful about is the tool setter grounding out when I'm using the other probe. It wasn't a huge modification but wow did it make a difference in the convenience stakes!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    FWIW wmgeorge, I found it an incredible PITA to have to change ports and pins settings every time I switched probes. In the end I added a N/C probe socket to the controller case, wired through a little FET inverter and then in parallel into the N/O input on the BOB. Now I leave both plugged in and the only thing I need to be careful about is the tool setter grounding out when I'm using the other probe. It wasn't a huge modification but wow did it make a difference in the convenience stakes!
    Did you make the circuit, or buy one premade?

Downloads
    Uploads

Made it. I believe there are little boards kicking around for inverting N/O to N/C though.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the Plug and Play NEMA 34 system new as of June 2018 does anyone here have the Pin out for the AUX 1 input jack? I emailed Support at CNCRP but sometimes it takes a couple days. I figure when its -21 F tomorrow I can solder on that connector to my new touch Probe wire!!

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the Plug and Play NEMA 34 system new as of June 2018 does anyone here have the Pin out for the AUX 1 input jack? I emailed Support at CNCRP but sometimes it takes a couple days. I figure when its -21 F tomorrow I can solder on that connector to my new touch Probe wire!!
    When I get home, I'll open my control box and take a photo of the pins.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeekseven View Post
    When I get home, I'll open my control box and take a photo of the pins.

Good luck that was my first thought to just trace out the wires in the box. Nope. Its on a PCB connection and it all goes into a Ribbon cable from what I can see. BUT I will take any Information you can provide.

Downloads
    Uploads

The pin outs for the Aux-1 and Aux-2 ports are the same as those for the limit and homing sensors on the Plug and Play System. They match up with their Proximity Sensors: http://files.pepperl-fuchs.com/selec...088241_eng.pdf

I use the Aux 1 port for the NC probe and the Aux-2 port for NO probe. They are set to either active high or active low. One input goes to G31 probe and the other to G31.1 probe.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good luck that was my first thought to just trace out the wires in the box. Nope. Its on a PCB connection and it all goes into a Ribbon cable from what I can see. BUT I will take any Information you can provide.
    I got home late and went to look, realizing I would have to take it apart and probe the connections. By that point, I was not motivated to do so. I'm interested in the next post though. Have no idea how to do it. But I would like to be able to do it without building a circuit, or switching anything in settings each time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    The pin outs for the Aux-1 and Aux-2 ports are the same as those for the limit and homing sensors on the Plug and Play System. They match up with their Proximity Sensors: http://files.pepperl-fuchs.com/selec...088241_eng.pdf

I use the Aux 1 port for the NC probe and the Aux-2 port for NO probe. They are set to either active high or active low. One input goes to G31 probe and the other to G31.1 probe.
    Warp9 site says that mach3 can only use G31. Then it goes on to say you can use G31, G31.0, .1, .2, .3

Are you using mach3 or 4?

Downloads
    Uploads

Mach4.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Mach4.
    Knew it was too good to be true for my situation.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have Mach3 as well. Once I started using Mach4, never wanted to go back to Mach3. I just started Mach3 up. I will have to relearn it to see if I can setup the G31.1 probing.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast