4th axis touch probing - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: 4th axis touch probing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

The A axis should only require 1 rotation to complete the job but if the object is complex and has protruding parts for instance the knight from a chess set (Horse) with ears neck nose excetera
    It is easy to assume the wrong method to probe it i.e the distance between points in the x or y how many degrees of rotation do you want ie every 1 degree or 0.1 degrees or 5 degrees these probes can be quick or take take a real long time to complete you then have to consider how you are going to put a surface on the point cloud'
    If the probe failed for some reason i.e sticky probe switch or bad connection computer crash Mach3 crash you want to be able to quickly return to where you started or ended to continue the probe
    I would have to say it is absolutely necessary to have accurate homing on all axis.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok. I'll have to work out homing.i can easily create a mesh on any number of programs. That's one thing I'm actually good at.

I found some posts from a while back talking about a guy named Stirling that had a 2.5 and 3d probing macro. Can't find it though. Found the posts, no macro.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Just saw you replied to this now. It does make sense that r1 is redundant because the BOB has a 1.2K on it. I could remove it. I was so frustrated with getting it working before and now that it is working, I can actually look at it without any need to do something in the back of my mind. I did order n channel fets when I could not get it working at first. I may just try that one out to try it, now that I have a working one.

thanks for help along the way too!

Downloads
    Uploads

I have not tested any of the probing macros from anything yet, but I am compiling a list of what is out there. The "squirell probes" forum location is here https://www.cnczone.com/forums/mach-...les-angle.html
    I have downloaded it, but I use mach2010 screens now and this is for the standard screens. It would take some time to add it to mach2010, but when I get a chance, I will try and do it.

The next big thing is creating a homing setup for my 4th. Once that is working, then doing the modifications after testing with the default screenset will be more appropriate.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I tried the Scan Wizard from Mach3 yesterday. What a joke.
    I placed the very small object on a piece of styrofoam stuck down with double faced tape

.Learned from trial and error that scan starts lower left corner of the table by the object. Zero for Z is on the table or foam in this case. Z travel height is distance from table to above your object say .5 inch or so. So probe distance is that plus the height of your object, or how far the probe will go everything looking for a trip point. That must have a - (minus) in front of that number. Step over X and Y is the resolution you want .1 and .1 will be 1/10 of a inch or mm. Feed rate I set real low like at 3. It takes hours to do even a small scan.

Make sure your computer does not go to sleep or have any power saving features and is not connected online. I got 3/4 done and it faulted out on a "Soft Limit" error??? I do not even have that enabled!!

Big issue it does NOT always ask for a file name or make a file!! You can not save the setup screen from above, so each time you want to try.... you need to enter All the info again. The Wizard looks like someone slapped it together and said, good enough they will figure it out.

It did make a XYZ text file that could be read with notepad but it lacked information that would let it be converted into a Mesh and exported as a STL. I am assuming if the program had not of crashed the file might have worked.

Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well in all the Testing I have done with Mach3 G31 probing can be a real pain and quite problem matic
    One thing I do know for sure is Mach3 does not respect the soft limit settings in a G31 move
    so if the probe point exceeds your soft limits it still either continues the move and crash the CNC into a hard stop or perform some other unknown move
    That is why I have spent so much time on the routines I have built and whilst they are fairly probe safe I certainly could not guarantee it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I have my Kinect scanner up and running and with the "free" software. So far I am in the learning curve mode, but from what I can see right now the probe may be the only good way to digitize. Give me some more time.... but its seems to be more for gamers and home remodel people;

Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678