4th axis touch probing - Page 4


Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 90

Thread: 4th axis touch probing

  1. #37
    Registered ubergeekseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    123
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

    Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    The pin outs for the Aux-1 and Aux-2 ports are the same as those for the limit and homing sensors on the Plug and Play System. They match up with their Proximity Sensors: http://files.pepperl-fuchs.com/selec...088241_eng.pdf

    I use the Aux 1 port for the NC probe and the Aux-2 port for NO probe. They are set to either active high or active low. One input goes to G31 probe and the other to G31.1 probe.
    Warp9 site says that mach3 can only use G31. Then it goes on to say you can use G31, G31.0, .1, .2, .3

    Are you using mach3 or 4?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk



  2. #38
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

    Mach4.



  3. #39
    Registered ubergeekseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    123
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

    Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Mach4.
    Knew it was too good to be true for my situation.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk



  4. #40
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

    I have Mach3 as well. Once I started using Mach4, never wanted to go back to Mach3. I just started Mach3 up. I will have to relearn it to see if I can setup the G31.1 probing.



  5. #41
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

    On Mach3, the Aux-1 port is mapped to "digitize" input. I can map the Aux-2 port to other inputs; but, I don't know how to link it with G31.1 or how the "digitize" input is linked to G31. Could it be hard coded in the software?


    I am very happy that I switched to Mach4.



  6. #42
    Registered
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    888
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

    Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    The pin outs for the Aux-1 and Aux-2 ports are the same as those for the limit and homing sensors on the Plug and Play System. They match up with their Proximity Sensors: http://files.pepperl-fuchs.com/selec...088241_eng.pdf

    I use the Aux 1 port for the NC probe and the Aux-2 port for NO probe. They are set to either active high or active low. One input goes to G31 probe and the other to G31.1 probe.
    So I am assuming 3&4 go to the probe because I only have two wires.

    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial union shop and Lots of hobbies. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router


  7. #43
    Registered ubergeekseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    123
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

    Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    On Mach3, the Aux-1 port is mapped to "digitize" input. I can map the Aux-2 port to other inputs; but, I don't know how to link it with G31.1 or how the "digitize" input is linked to G31. Could it be hard coded in the software?


    I am very happy that I switched to Mach4.
    How easy was it to switch? I hate Mach 3. But I just got the rotary fully functioning recently. Are you able to use the same macros and setup from cncrp?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk



  8. #44
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

    It took a bit of learning to switch; but, it wasn't bad. There is no direct conversion from Mach3 to Mach4. You use the same settings from CNCRP such as port, pins, motor settings, etc.; however, you have to manually input all settings and cannot use the Mach3 "ini" file. Also, the Mach3 macros do not work in Mach4. Mach4 uses LUA scripts, which I learned, and are continuing to learn. Mach4 has sample scripts include. Others, you can find online, and then customize to your needs.

    Before I purchased Mach4. I tried the Demo version, Got everything working within a few days except for the CNCRP corner finding touch plate and getting the speed setting accurate on the spindle. I contacted Warp9 about the spindle issue. They were already working with CNCRP on this. In a few days, they had an updated ESS plugin that corrected the problem. I purchased Mach 4, and never used Mach3 again.

    I put together a script to take care of the corner finding touch plate. I also purchase a tool setter touch probe that I have mounted at a fixed location. I wrote a script to automatically zero the tool at the machine bed. I also plan to create a similar script to zero the tool to the center axis of my 4th axis when I get that setup.



  9. #45
    Registered ubergeekseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    123
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

    Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    It took a bit of learning to switch; but, it wasn't bad. There is no direct conversion from Mach3 to Mach4. You use the same settings from CNCRP such as port, pins, motor settings, etc.; however, you have to manually input all settings and cannot use the Mach3 "ini" file. Also, the Mach3 macros do not work in Mach4. Mach4 uses LUA scripts, which I learned, and are continuing to learn. Mach4 has sample scripts include. Others, you can find online, and then customize to your needs.

    Before I purchased Mach4. I tried the Demo version, Got everything working within a few days except for the CNCRP corner finding touch plate and getting the speed setting accurate on the spindle. I contacted Warp9 about the spindle issue. They were already working with CNCRP on this. In a few days, they had an updated ESS plugin that corrected the problem. I purchased Mach 4, and never used Mach3 again.

    I put together a script to take care of the corner finding touch plate. I also purchase a tool setter touch probe that I have mounted at a fixed location. I wrote a script to automatically zero the tool at the machine bed. I also plan to create a similar script to zero the tool to the center axis of my 4th axis when I get that setup.
    That's awesome. I wish I had the time. Finding it hard to get the time to do things I need to with it as is. I've used lua in other applications before. It's been a while though. So I'll have to relearn. Use it or lose it.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk



  10. #46
    Registered
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    888
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

    Per the folks at CNC RP

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4th axis touch probing-captureplug-jpg  
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial union shop and Lots of hobbies. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router


  11. #47
    Registered ubergeekseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    123
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

    Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Per the folks at CNC RP
    Thank you!

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk



  12. #48
    Registered ubergeekseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    123
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

    The wildhorse one just came in. It's much larger than the other one.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk



Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

4th axis touch probing

4th axis touch probing