4th axis touch probing - Page 4

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th axis touch probing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4th axis touch probing

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    The pin outs for the Aux-1 and Aux-2 ports are the same as those for the limit and homing sensors on the Plug and Play System. They match up with their Proximity Sensors: http://files.pepperl-fuchs.com/selec...088241_eng.pdf

I use the Aux 1 port for the NC probe and the Aux-2 port for NO probe. They are set to either active high or active low. One input goes to G31 probe and the other to G31.1 probe.
    Warp9 site says that mach3 can only use G31. Then it goes on to say you can use G31, G31.0, .1, .2, .3

Are you using mach3 or 4?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mach4.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mach4.
    Knew it was too good to be true for my situation.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have Mach3 as well. Once I started using Mach4, never wanted to go back to Mach3. I just started Mach3 up. I will have to relearn it to see if I can setup the G31.1 probing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

On Mach3, the Aux-1 port is mapped to "digitize" input. I can map the Aux-2 port to other inputs; but, I don't know how to link it with G31.1 or how the "digitize" input is linked to G31. Could it be hard coded in the software?

I am very happy that I switched to Mach4.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The pin outs for the Aux-1 and Aux-2 ports are the same as those for the limit and homing sensors on the Plug and Play System. They match up with their Proximity Sensors: http://files.pepperl-fuchs.com/selec...088241_eng.pdf

I use the Aux 1 port for the NC probe and the Aux-2 port for NO probe. They are set to either active high or active low. One input goes to G31 probe and the other to G31.1 probe.
    So I am assuming 3&4 go to the probe because I only have two wires.

Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial union shop and Lots of hobbies. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router

Downloads
    Uploads

On Mach3, the Aux-1 port is mapped to "digitize" input. I can map the Aux-2 port to other inputs; but, I don't know how to link it with G31.1 or how the "digitize" input is linked to G31. Could it be hard coded in the software?

I am very happy that I switched to Mach4.
    How easy was it to switch? I hate Mach 3. But I just got the rotary fully functioning recently. Are you able to use the same macros and setup from cncrp?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It took a bit of learning to switch; but, it wasn't bad. There is no direct conversion from Mach3 to Mach4. You use the same settings from CNCRP such as port, pins, motor settings, etc.; however, you have to manually input all settings and cannot use the Mach3 "ini" file. Also, the Mach3 macros do not work in Mach4. Mach4 uses LUA scripts, which I learned, and are continuing to learn. Mach4 has sample scripts include. Others, you can find online, and then customize to your needs.

Before I purchased Mach4. I tried the Demo version, Got everything working within a few days except for the CNCRP corner finding touch plate and getting the speed setting accurate on the spindle. I contacted Warp9 about the spindle issue. They were already working with CNCRP on this. In a few days, they had an updated ESS plugin that corrected the problem. I purchased Mach 4, and never used Mach3 again.

I put together a script to take care of the corner finding touch plate. I also purchase a tool setter touch probe that I have mounted at a fixed location. I wrote a script to automatically zero the tool at the machine bed. I also plan to create a similar script to zero the tool to the center axis of my 4th axis when I get that setup.

Downloads
    Uploads

It took a bit of learning to switch; but, it wasn't bad. There is no direct conversion from Mach3 to Mach4. You use the same settings from CNCRP such as port, pins, motor settings, etc.; however, you have to manually input all settings and cannot use the Mach3 "ini" file. Also, the Mach3 macros do not work in Mach4. Mach4 uses LUA scripts, which I learned, and are continuing to learn. Mach4 has sample scripts include. Others, you can find online, and then customize to your needs.

Before I purchased Mach4. I tried the Demo version, Got everything working within a few days except for the CNCRP corner finding touch plate and getting the speed setting accurate on the spindle. I contacted Warp9 about the spindle issue. They were already working with CNCRP on this. In a few days, they had an updated ESS plugin that corrected the problem. I purchased Mach 4, and never used Mach3 again.

I put together a script to take care of the corner finding touch plate. I also purchase a tool setter touch probe that I have mounted at a fixed location. I wrote a script to automatically zero the tool at the machine bed. I also plan to create a similar script to zero the tool to the center axis of my 4th axis when I get that setup.
    That's awesome. I wish I had the time. Finding it hard to get the time to do things I need to with it as is. I've used lua in other applications before. It's been a while though. So I'll have to relearn. Use it or lose it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Per the folks at CNC RP

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4th axis touch probing-captureplug-jpg  
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial union shop and Lots of hobbies. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Per the folks at CNC RP
    Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads

The wildhorse one just came in. It's much larger than the other one.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast