Non-CNCRP VFD on Plug & Play - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-CNCRP VFD on Plug & Play

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Non-CNCRP VFD on Plug & Play

Bill,

I run Mach4 these days, but used to run Mach3. The symptoms you describe sound just like mine, when I was first setting up Mach3. The problem was the way I set up the Pulley Selection screen in Mach3. Knowing that spindle can't do much below 8K RPM, I mistakenly set my minimum speed on the pulley screen for 8,000 RPM. Made sense at the time, but that caused my spindle to top out way too slow. I didn't check voltage output to the VFD, but should have. Anyway, it took reading everything I could get my hands on and puzzling over it for some days before I connected the problem with the Pulley Selection screen. I went back in, changed the minimum to zero and left the maximum at 24,000, and viola, problem solved. The spindle ran as it should.

Maybe this could be what's causing your problem? I'm not a great diagnostician, but I noticed your description seemed to match up with the one I had.

Attached is a picture of my Mach3 Pulley Selection screen after I got it running correctly. Sorry about the poor quality, but it is a cropped screen print.

Non-CNCRP VFD on Plug & Play-mach3-screen-jpg

Good luck,

Gary

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Non-CNCRP VFD on Plug & Play-mach3-screen-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I can certainly try that, I was just using the setup info I got from the people who sold me the control panel and cable. But my issue seemed to be I get the output 0-10 vdc using my DVM, but when connected to the VFD it only outputs 0-7 or a little less vdc.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Nope. Changed things and no difference. Just put things back as the instruction sheet. I can run the speed off the keypad until the new board gets here. Thanks for the suggestion. Yes this is an air cooled spindle.

Sometime I would actually like to get this machine running the way I want. I have a couple of good ideas and have customers waiting. I made money with it before I even had the spoil board in place!

Downloads
    Uploads

Got the new board today, and ta dah it works. Full 400 hz at 10.6 vdc out. I have some settings to change as minimum speed and scaling so it follows the software setting. I can not say enough good things about Customer Service at CNCRP. They are outstanding.... I Wish All companies selling CNC equipment were as good!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Good to hear you up and running again! I agree, CNCRP has excellent customer service.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Got the new board today, and ta dah it works. Full 400 hz at 10.6 vdc out. I have some settings to change as minimum speed and scaling so it follows the software setting. I can not say enough good things about Customer Service at CNCRP. They are outstanding.... I Wish All companies selling CNC equipment were as good!!
    That's a strange output voltage, should never be over 10v something is still wrong with the board if it does not have a pot to lower it

Good service is apart of any business

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally got back to the project. Final answer, set minimum Frequency to 150 Hz which turns out to be about 10 K Rpm and the pulley setting on #4 is now set 0 - 25,000 Rpm per ESS instructions. Board outputs 10.1 vdc at 400 Hz. So no matter what the lowest setting is, when you click on Spindle it starts and runs to about 9000 - 10,000 Rpm (150 Hz) plus it follows the setting in the software. The PWM signal Mach3 outputs gets changed as it should to a linear 0-10 vdc.

All is fine and thanks Ahern and staff at CNCRP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12