New PRO4896 Setup Pics

Thread: New PRO4896 Setup Pics

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New PRO4896 Setup Pics

I wanted to share some pictures of my new PRO 4896 with added items/mods. I picked this up from CNCRP myself since I live in Washington State (CNCRP headquarters) in October. After lot's of forum reading and research I chose the CNCRP PRO4896. I just didn't want to be limited to smaller items. Talking to forum members and the company I was persuaded to just go with the NEMA 23 motors. It was a hard decision but they seem to be very adequate.

The assembly was really easy and took a day and a half just by myself. To load all my programs to my computer, design and cut a spoilboard it took another day. A few suggestions are to raise the E-box crossmember so the cables won't be hitting the ground. I had some scrap cable tray and placed it under the E-boxes to contain the extra cable length. It really bugs me the cable is all coiled up laying on the ground. It just cleans up the mess. Another suggestion is purchase about 25 extra roll in nuts and bolts for all the extras that can be added to the extrusions.

As for dust control....... The Kent dust shoe is attached to 4" hose to a 6" manifold. I run it off a 2 hp cyclone that does a great job of catch almost all the dust. The hose is attached to the rear spindle extrusion via pvc hanger with a roll in nut from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

A few other items added were the Z track kit, magnet strips, power strip, cable tray and E-stop. All attached with roll in nuts as well.

This CNC has been really fun so far. My 13 year old son even has interest... Which is a good thing! One other cool thing is that I already have been approached to do some "pay for" jobs. I haven't advertised, It has just came from word-of-mouth projects I have given to friends.

Thanks for looking!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New PRO4896 Setup Pics-20181211_093551-jpg   New PRO4896 Setup Pics-20181211_093625-jpg   New PRO4896 Setup Pics-20181211_093651-jpg   New PRO4896 Setup Pics-20181211_093752-jpg  

New PRO4896 Setup Pics-20181025_185354-jpg   New PRO4896 Setup Pics-20181211_093717-jpg   New PRO4896 Setup Pics-20181211_093607-jpg   New PRO4896 Setup Pics-20181010_163700-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New PRO4896 Setup Pics

Nice shop you have there.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Great job. I agree nice shop with my second favorite machine after the CNC being the Sawstop. One of these years I’ll add one to my shop.

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

nicely done. did you seal the spoilboard with anything?

Downloads
    Uploads

No just raw MDF. I do live in part of the country that never has much humidity. Never have to worry about treating my other cast iron tools from rusting.

Downloads
    Uploads

That is a beautiful shop!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    No just raw MDF. I do live in part of the country that never has much humidity. Never have to worry about treating my other cast iron tools from rusting.
    I'm in the NW Nevada high desert so similar situation, but I am thinking about finishing the edges with thinned yellow wood glue glue.

Have you thought about adding guards for the limit position sensors? That was one of the first things I did, I was nervous about busting one off!

Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent work! The machine and the mods look great!

Downloads
    Uploads

"pugsy quote
    I'm in the NW Nevada high desert so similar situation, but I am thinking about finishing the edges with thinned yellow wood glue glue.

Have you thought about adding guards for the limit position sensors? That was one of the first things I did, I was nervous about busting one off!

I may add some at some point as well. They just kinda hag out there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice work and great shop. Thanks for posting the link for the Snapnstrut. I've been looking for a mount like that to attach my hose to the Z axis. Also like the mag strips attached to the extrusion.
    I grew up in a wood working family and it's great your son is interested. If my dad had a cnc in his shop when I was young, I would have kept it busy. Of course when I was growing up 60 years ago these machines went even on the horizon!

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm gonna get me some of that snapnstrut!

Downloads
    Uploads

Mu shop looks like that well......underneath the dirt, dust, junk, tools and other items I just can't live without!
    Great job on the router!.
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Downloads
    Uploads

My shop never looked that good even clean!! My guess is your machine is going to run as good as it looks when your done.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys on the comments!
    As for the shop condition. I was not always cleaning my shop..... Over the years I drug myself to this point when I worked in a 12X24 area. Good or bad, it is almost a hobby to make things the most efficient and organized these days. Of course this is only with my hobbies!

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice