4896Pro Potential Buyer

Thread: 4896Pro Potential Buyer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 4896Pro Potential Buyer

Received my quote today for the 4896Pro, i wanted the best parts they had to offer. I mostly cut melamine currently using a Zenbot which is a hobbiest machine for beginner and looking to get into a better machine. Anyone here cut 3/4" Melamine and if so what bit and how many passes will this machine cut in and how many sheets they get out of a bit? Getting a no chip edge on both sides tends to be an issue with my current setup so curious how this machine would be.

Here's what i was quoted, is there anything else i should be getting this is suppose to be best what they have? I have Mach3 and Aspire already for the software.

1 x PRO4896 4' x 8' CNC Router Kit - Version: Nema 34 1/2" Shaft Compatible (+$100.00) - Z-Axis Travel / Gantry Height: 8" / 8" - Gantry Width: Standard
    1 x Leg Kit (PRO CNC) - Size: 4' x 8'
    1 x Plug and Play NEMA 34 CNC Control System - Cable configuration: (1) 20' and (3) 28' cables [recommended for 4'x8' or 5'x10' machines] (+$70.00) - Additional Motor Drive: None [4-Drive, Standard]
    1 x Pepperl + Fuchs Proximity Sensor Kit - Sensor Configuration: Homing/Limit 6 Sensor Kit (machines larger than 4'x4')
    1 x 2.2 kW Plug and Play Spindle / VFD System - Compatibility Option: CRP800 (Standard)
    1 x Tramming GMT Spindle Mount
    1 x Auto Z and Corner Finding Touch Plate
    1 x ER20 Collet and Nut Set, 1/8", 1/4", 3/8"
    1 x CNC Router Bit Set
    1 x PRO4896 Spoilboard Fastener Kit

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4896Pro Potential Buyer

How big are the parts that you cut, and how do you hold them down?

In a commercial setting, we use vacuum tables and cut in a single pass with a compression bit.

You should be able to cut in one pass, but a more powerful spindle would be beneficial to maximize tool life.

Bits last the longest when cutting with the highest feedrate, and lowest rpm (high chip load).

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4896Pro Potential Buyer

biggest pieces are 2x3ft the smallest are 12inch by 7 inch, currently i use screws into the sacrifice board to hold the sheet down and then use tabs on the parts.