Building the CNCRP Dust Shoe. Need help

Thread: Building the CNCRP Dust Shoe. Need help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Building the CNCRP Dust Shoe. Need help

So I cut out my pieces of HDPE I purchased online from the parts list from the website. The top piece seems to be great but the bottom piece I had an issue ( my fault entirely ) back when I had my old router I purchased some cheap 1/8" bits on eBay I believe they were HQ master brand. They cut great but once I was completely finished I realized the slot isn't big enough. I couldnt figure out why until I measured my bit. It measured .121" ugh.

So I got a hold of a couple new high quality 1/8" bits from a friend, re ran the piece today & the slot is .200" but the brush measures anywhere from .217" to .231" I know it has a press fit but I can't even get it started & in one spot that I can it just pops back out.

I still have the piece mounted on the table so I can cut it larger but how much larger should I go? I know it has a resistance press fit but how much is enough without being too much?

Thank you
    Gary

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Building the CNCRP Dust Shoe. Need help

Gary, I just looked at my file, cut slot at .21". I went to the basement and measured a piece of brush strip leftover, .22 to .24". It took significant force to push into slot and it stayed in place with no problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok thanks. I'll cut it a little larger tomorrow & see how it fits

Thanks again
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

I made some short test slots going up .2mm at a time until I got a snug fit. On the final part I used some smooth face pliers to force the brush into the slot.

Another option is to go a little wider and use a bead of epoxy to make sure the brushes don’t fall out

Downloads
    Uploads

I snuck up on it and got it to work. It's pushed in but not super tight I havent used it much but if it comes out I'll epoxy it in.

Thanks all
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Make a test cut with your bits and measure the actual dimensions you get, then use that to set the ACTUAL bit diameter in your tool library. Then you're get cut closer to what you've modeled.