New Machine Build Finally went for it

Thread: Finally went for it

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Finally went for it

I had posted a few questions on here about what to get and thought I should pass along what I ended up with. I now have a 5x10 CNCRP pro w/S30 ATC spindle proudly sitting in my small shop and so far it is the coolest thing I ever worked with. If anyone is on the fence or has any doubts, I have one suggestion.......buy it. Here is what I went with.

CNCRP pro 5x10 (no splice), nema 34 pnp electronics, leg kit, Vcarve Pro, Donek drag knife, and the usual bits and accessories. Dan definitely did his job helping me with getting everything I needed ordered.

CNC Depot S30 ATC spindle with a CNCRP electonics package ordered from CNC Depot. Alex did an excellent job with setting it up for me, its very clean and hooking it up was very simple.

I will try to add more to this as I get it more run time in, its only been setup for a week. I still have a lot to learn but it certainly is cool when you go from only printing a picture of something, to the ability to cut it. When I decided I wanted a router I started saving a lot of scrap wood so I would have plenty to play with. I will try to update this as I progress and get a few pics of things. If there is anything you would like to ask about just post away, I will answer what I can.......and probably be asking a few things along the way as well.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Finally went for it

Congrats!!
    I'd be interested to hear how you like the S30 and ATC and how it works with Mach 3, etc. I looked into retrofitting my CNCRP spindle with the S30 ATC ( Alex was super helpful ) but I'm not sure I can justify the cost.

Downloads
    Uploads

Photos please :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Aerojunkie View Post
    I will try to update this as I progress and get a few pics of things.
    Please do! I've learned a lot by looking at other peoples' machines and projects.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLima View Post
    Congrats!!
    I'd be interested to hear how you like the S30 and ATC and how it works with Mach 3, etc. I looked into retrofitting my CNCRP spindle with the S30 ATC ( Alex was super helpful ) but I'm not sure I can justify the cost.
    So far the S30 has been a really good spindle. To be honest I have only made a reindeer for the front yard and a little bit or odd cutting just to test the machine out. I haven't gotten around to setting up the full ATC aspect of it yet. I can still do a semi automatic bit change it less than 5 seconds, which is really cool, and fascinating to watch it work. I looked at both the manual spindle and the ATC when I bought mine, I decided I wanted more of an employee than another machine. I figure with the ATC I can start a file and if tool changes are needed then it can handle it while I do something else. I looked at some of the other brands and to add an ATC to them was $10k or more, it was about an additional $2500 for me to do it over the standard CNCRP spindle. I read from other posts that the only thing missing from these machines was the addition of an ATC, for people who needed it. Alex will definitely take care of you if you decide to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by he1957 View Post
    Photos please :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DonFrambach View Post
    Please do! I've learned a lot by looking at other peoples' machines and projects.

I got a couple pics. One is of the machine, one is the spindle, and the other is the lines coming from the spindle control box. Alex mounted the solenoid inside it and thats all you see different is what is in the pic.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally went for it-20181201_122100-jpg   Finally went for it-20181201_121946-jpg   Finally went for it-20181201_121925-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice! When you get the ATC running could you do a quick video?