Need Help! Spindle Voltage Output - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spindle Voltage Output

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Voltage Output

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    So......how are you going with getting your spindle sorted?
    Still the same problem. I am working with crp to see if it my XML file or the breakout board. I will update as soon as I have an answer.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ericks

You indicated that the voltage was changing where /how did you measure that voltage?

Downloads
    Uploads

Funny, I have the exact same CNCRP Plug and Play system and having the exact same problem with my Hitachi W200. I can get a RUN led light on but Zero speed out My email question to them today, is the ESS and board outputting 0-10 vdc (which will input on O terminal on the VDF ) or a true PWM? No answer yet...... because I do not believe that they are the same. The specs say PWM maybe either one will work. I have always used voltage in the past.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I just got off the phone with Ahren at CRP. It turns out that I was not getting any voltage output from the breakout board. Ahren instructed me to change the step port in the motor output to 2 instead of 1. A slight problem I am having it the output is 7.8 volts and not 10 volts. I have changed the PWM but that does not seem to work. Do anyone know what parameter i can change on the VFD that would make this able to accept 0-8 volts instead of 0-10? Thank you everyone for your help. Really appreciated all your input.

Downloads
    Uploads

PD070 = 1 will use 0-5V, but there's no way to use 0-8V.

You could always spend $10 on a USB > RS485 adapter and use a plugin to control the spindle.
    Mach3 plugin for Huanyang VFD | Le royaume d'éole

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by millerm499 View Post
    So I just got off the phone with Ahren at CRP. It turns out that I was not getting any voltage output from the breakout board. Ahren instructed me to change the step port in the motor output to 2 instead of 1. A slight problem I am having it the output is 7.8 volts and not 10 volts. I have changed the PWM but that does not seem to work. Do anyone know what parameter i can change on the VFD that would make this able to accept 0-8 volts instead of 0-10? Thank you everyone for your help. Really appreciated all your input.
    The VFD can only use 0-5v or 0-10v, you will have to get the output from the breakout board corrected to either 0-5v or 0-10v

Mactec54

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by millerm499 View Post
    You should try and find out why you not getting the full 10V. Are you using a computer with a parallel port? Cause if you have something like a smoothstepper it could also just be a setting.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mac I think your correct. I believe the BoB that CNCRP now only uses outputs PWM Signal and you need a way to change from that to 0-10 vdc. There is a add on board that you can purchase that outputs 0-10 vdc from a PWM signal but comes or is made by folks in Korea or China. Seems the older CNCRP control panel did output voltage but not the new ones.

My Hitachi W200-022SF will take a pulse train input but the manual for this drive sucks. So is Pulse Train the same as PWM?? A phone call today to them might clear it up.

Added: So according to the updated Quick Reference guide, Pulse Train is the same as PWM. So my Hitachi should work, if Mach3 is set up correctly.

Last edited by wmgeorge; 11-20-2018 at 07:51 AM.

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Mac I think your correct. I believe the BoB that CNCRP now only uses outputs PWM Signal and you need a way to change from that to 0-10 vdc. There is a add on board that you can purchase that outputs 0-10 vdc from a PWM signal but comes or is made by folks in Korea or China. Seems the older CNCRP control panel did output voltage but not the new ones.

My Hitachi W200-022SF will take a pulse train input but the manual for this drive sucks. So is Pulse Train the same as PWM?? A phone call today to them might clear it up.
    My 5 axis bob has the converter onboard....however i found it not to be linear. That is why i made my own converter. I really don't understand why people sell stuff that don't work properly. This stuff is not rocket science after all!!!

ericks

Which bob do you have?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Which bob do you have?
    I really am not sure, its still dark and cool here (7 am) I will go out later and try to figure it out. But I did update my post, seems my drive Will indeed take a PWM signal, its as clear as mud but the new updated Quick Reference manual helped. Thanks Hitachi.

Agreed, If Mach3 outputs PWM and most of the drives are 0-10 vdc, why and the heck after all these years why has someone not changed or added it?? My guess is a perhaps a lot of people just use the speed up/down on the drive keypad.

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe the BoB that CNCRP now only uses outputs PWM Signal and you need a way to change from that to 0-10 vdc.
    I think you are mistaken. Their board should have a PWM to 0-10V converter on it.

Agreed, If Mach3 outputs PWM and most of the drives are 0-10 vdc, why and the heck after all these years why has someone not changed or added it??
    Mach3 was designed around a 5V parallel port, so it can't natively do 0-10V. That's why most breakout boards have a built in PWM > 0-10V converter. There are also several stand alone converter boards available.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Gerry. Another user on Sawmill Creek is using PWM with his Hitachi, so I thought I had to also. I need to warm up the shop and check some voltages.
    So the board is a CNCRP made product and it does say 10 vdc out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Added: So according to the updated Quick Reference guide, Pulse Train is the same as PWM. So my Hitachi should work, if Mach3 is set up correctly.
    If your VFD can use Pulse for speed control, then yes check the pulse in Mach3 instead of the PWM then see if all is working correct at the Breakout Board output, it seems lots of users have had this same problem with setting up this plug and play package

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    If your VFD can use Pulse for speed control, then yes check the pulse in Mach3 instead of the PWM then see if all is working correct at the Breakout Board output, it seems lots of users have had this same problem with setting up this plug and play package
    Thanks Mac

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I have given up for now and going back to my Hitachi router set up. Zero help from CNCRP and maybe I will gather some more info and get back to the spindle project after the first of the year.

I did get an email tonight (last night) from CNCRP so they did respond.

And Today I did get information and a PDF of the BoB they use, and it will output PWM signal 0-5 vdc (not sure if thats enough for the Hitachi W200) and a full 0-10 vdc on the two terminals marked 0-10 v out and Gnd bottom of BoB left side terminal strip. Great support at CNCRP.

Last edited by wmgeorge; 11-21-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123