Who has a pendant that works with their CNC Router Parts & ESS

Thread: Who has a pendant that works with their CNC Router Parts & ESS

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Who has a pendant that works with their CNC Router Parts & ESS

I'm looking for preferably a wireless pendant but if not a wired pendant that will work with the CNCRP Smooth stepper. I called CNCRP to see which pendant they recommend and I was told that they prefer game controller (I'm not interested in these) & when I'm looking for one to make sure they work with a smooth stepper.

On my old router I used a wired keypad that worked good but I'd like an actual pendant.

Thank you
    Gary

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Who has a pendant that works with their CNC Router Parts & ESS

Vista CNC makes a variety of Mach3 compatible pendants.

vistaCNC

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I use the cheap one from Amazon. It works fine, assign all your macros to the keys.
    It jogs fine and I use it while touching off on the other side of my machine. Haven't figured out how to assign the enter key to it yet. Last thing needed.

It's called WHB04-L others make the same thing. Shina is one brand. But Amazon has one listed as the preferred one and it's prime and $99.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've had both the XHC pendant and Vista CNC pendants. They are both with benefits and draw backs.

XHC Pros
    Price
    Ease of Setup
    General function is good

XHC Cons
    The wireless function can cause issues, especially when connectivity is dropped during jogging
    It's pretty cheaply made
    The motion doesn't scale in a linear fashion in accordance with wheel speed, it works in speed steps
    There isn't a lot of support

Vista Pro
    Very high quality
    excellent range of models, I have the PS4
    Excellent support
    The motion of machine works as you would expect when turning the wheel
    The plugin is excellent
    The options for machine control on the pendant are many and well thought out

Vista Cons
    More Expensive
    I struggle with the USB drivers, especially when switching between UCCNC and Mach
    I also have some other USB issues, mainly I think my USB ports don't supply enough amperage, so this could be speficic to me, but sometimes I can't get the pendant to connect at all

Downloads
    Uploads

I did but mine not knowing anything yet. You're right about the jogging though. I do not have connectivity issues, but can see that being annoying at least. Dangerous maybe too.
    I did look at the others, but wasn't sure if anything at first. I could see getting one in the future.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

This is what I use and it works

CNC 4 Axis USB Pendant Manual remote Control JOG encoder for Mach3 ONLY https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LTKCC0Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_tuNZBbGKVXNM2

I use wireless keyboard.

Downloads
    Uploads

Starting out with CNC I'm not sure how much we will even use the router I really don't want to spend a couple hundred on a pendant but I also don't know if I want to buy one without a dial. Does anyone make a high quality pendant with a dial that is wired?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by R-Carpenter View Post
    I use wireless keyboard.
    I do as well and even added a skin to it.
    https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wire.../dp/B005DKZTMG
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DE7SI2S

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a ShuttleXpress on my lathe and a ShuttlePro on my lathe. They work very nice. The Pro has much more buttons than the Xpress but still I need more buttons.

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

The Shuttle on the PP controlled Tormach is ok, but I preferr the VistaCNC pendants I have on my Mach controlled Speedmaster mills. I used the Chinese ones everybody tries for a while, and managed to wear out one of the bubble switches on one. I also found them a little blocky or steppy to use. I was constantly clicking through the step size modes and back to the two jog mode. Also, I didn't like the mate up between the step size and the displayed step size on the controller. I liked the .0001 scale for final height adjustment on a tool setter. It displayed the same on .001 and .0001. Very annoying. Also the display was sometimes slow to respond and on cutting really large coed files the pendant was erratic. Cost me two tool height setters and a couple end mills.. More than the difference to upgrade them all to VistaCNC pendants.

I did have one issue with a VistaCNC pendant. A long time ago on a 32 bit single processor XP box it would sometimes lose communication with Mach. Mach would still work, but the pendant wouldn't. The only way to restore communication was to restart Mach.

Another alternative if you are running Mach 3 (not sure if there is a driver for Mach 4) is an OEM Xbox 360 game controller. I ran one for a year and it was ok, but the LCD screen on the Vista CNC controller makes it handier than the XBOX controller. I only experienced this on one machine, but its worth noting. Sometimes on shutdown it would slowly creep the head down into a slow speed crash into the table. An E-Stop before shutting down would eliminate that problem.

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com