CNCRP gantry table running LinuxCNC

Thread: CNCRP gantry table running LinuxCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNCRP gantry table running LinuxCNC

Is anyone running LinuxCNC on their cncroutrparts gantry table that'd be willing to share config files that I can use as a starting point to set my table up?

Yes, I completely understand that one table config file should not be used on another table, but it'd be close enough to start with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I ask because I'm at a total loss on the setup for a gantry machine.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNCRP gantry table running LinuxCNC

I have nothing, but would love an alternative to Mach 3. The single thread program makes it impossible to do anything on the computer while running anything on the CNC. A mouse click could lock up the machine movement and lose track. I have a Xeon processor and 32gb of RAM.
    Not being able to remotely control the computer while all day long I can 3d print from a raspberry pi using my phone in what is essentially the same movements, is annoying. Like it's 1995.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeekseven View Post
    I have nothing, but would love an alternative to Mach 3. The single thread program makes it impossible to do anything on the computer while running anything on the CNC. A mouse click could lock up the machine movement and lose track. I have a Xeon processor and 32gb of RAM.
    Not being able to remotely control the computer while all day long I can 3d print from a raspberry pi using my phone in what is essentially the same movements, is annoying. Like it's 1995.

You could use UCCNC. No mouse click issues. I even watch videos while my machine is running.

Downloads
    Uploads

LinuxCNC is free, both the OS and the Control software.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would pay for that. Same hardware? I have the 4x8 pro with the word cabinet from cncrp. Are there any guides or drop in configuration files to get me running? I have spent a decent amount of time getting Mach customized somewhat. I would love to be able to capture video from multiple angles with a remote kill switch. It's impossible with Mach.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    You could use UCCNC. No mouse click issues. I even watch videos while my machine is running.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there an easy to get set up installation for my exact machine out there? I have zero issues running Linux. The setup time, if there isn't something ready to go, it's something I cannot afford. That and the post for fusion and artcam and vectric. It took a while, even with the files for Mach, for me to get up to speed.
    It is my first machine, so that took a while to get confidence. But now the learning curve may be easier.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's what I'm looking for, a set of configs that I can use for a starting point to tweak for my setup.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would pay for that. Same hardware? I have the 4x8 pro with the word cabinet from cncrp. Are there any guides or drop in configuration files to get me running? I have spent a decent amount of time getting Mach customized somewhat. I would love to be able to capture video from multiple angles with a remote kill switch. It's impossible with Mach.
    I'm sorry but I do not have a CNCRP machine. I have a mill and and a plasma both self designed and built. I have no idea about the settings for this machine but if you set it up for mach3 already then it will work with the uccnc too. UCCNC even have a mach3 xml import function to import the settings from a mach3 xml settings file.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would love to be able to capture video from multiple angles with a remote kill switch. It's impossible with Mach.

I can't really imagine how you want to do this. How is this task connect to the CNC software?
    One idea I have is to post an M10 output in the g-code file where you want to take the snapshoot and connect that output to trigger your camera. But it's possible that I don't understand the task properly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ecurb5 View Post
    Is anyone running LinuxCNC on their cncroutrparts gantry table that'd be willing to share config files that I can use as a starting point to set my table up?

Yes, I completely understand that one table config file should not be used on another table, but it'd be close enough to start with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I ask because I'm at a total loss on the setup for a gantry machine.

Thanks.
    What size machine do you have? I don't have a CNCRouter parts machine, but I do have a FLA Saturn 4x4 that I am running Linuxcnc on. I don't know for sure, but I think the R&P drives are the same or similar on the Pro series machines. I put together my own electronics package.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post

I can't really imagine how you want to do this. How is this task connect to the CNC software?
    One idea I have is to post an M10 output in the g-code file where you want to take the snapshoot and connect that output to trigger your camera. But it's possible that I don't understand the task properly.
    Nothing to do with running the CNC. More for monitoring, from multiple angles. Or just for capturing the entire job and later speeding it up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by beltramidave View Post
    What size machine do you have? I don't have a CNCRouter parts machine, but I do have a FLA Saturn 4x4 that I am running Linuxcnc on. I don't know for sure, but I think the R&P drives are the same or similar on the Pro series machines. I put together my own electronics package.
    Must table is 4x8. Sounds like similar setup.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I documented my conversion of a CNCRP 48 x 96 from Mach3/ESS to UCCNC here: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc-r...-software.html

Am very happy with it; there's no question UCCNC is a more advanced piece of software.

Downloads
    Uploads

Must table is 4x8. Sounds like similar setup.

If interested, PM me and I can give you my Linuxcnc config files to see if they help. Do you know how to modify these, as you would need to change machine limits for sure. Really all you should need is the scale info for each axis. Once you have that, the rest can be set up using the step configuration.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by beltramidave View Post
    If interested, PM me and I can give you my Linuxcnc config files to see if they help. Do you know how to modify these, as you would need to change machine limits for sure. Really all you should need is the scale info for each axis. Once you have that, the rest can be set up using the step configuration.

Dave
    Dave, PM sent. Thanks for your help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dave, PM sent. Thanks for your help.

Sent you an email with config files.
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Dave. Much appreciated.

Looking at you files, guessing you only have one motor for your gantry? My hangup is with getting the 2nd motor on the gantry setup and working. Sorry I wasn't clear with that, it's what happens when I assume.

I have a 2 stepper motor gantry.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Dave. Much appreciated.

Looking at you files, guessing you only have one motor for your gantry? My hangup is with getting the 2nd motor on the gantry setup and working. Sorry I wasn't clear with that, it's what happens when I assume.

I have a 2 stepper motor gantry.
    No, I have 2 steppers on the Y axis. Look at the .hal file.