New Machine Build PRO4896 Build The Maker's Station Marietta, Georgia

Thread: PRO4896 Build The Maker's Station Marietta, Georgia

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PRO4896 Build The Maker's Station Marietta, Georgia

I am Alex a member of a non profit Maker's Space north of Atlanta. With donations from members we where able to ordered on August 9th A PRO4896 4' x 8' CNC Router Kit With Legs, Plug and Play NEMA 23 CNC Control System, Pepperl + Fuchs Proximity Sensor Kit, Auto Z and Corner Finding Touch Plate 80 mm Spindle Mount with Base and Tramming Adapters from CRP We ordered a 2.2k spindle kit from China as a starting point

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PRO4896 Build The Maker's Station Marietta, Georgia

Congratulations, I'm in the process of building my Pro4896 with Nema 34, CNCRP Spindle, & all the goodies, for use in our sign shop. I can say in my experience the kit seems to be packaged well & I received mine in just under 6 weeks. As my luck would have it, between work, putting in food plots, church activities & my nephews football games, we have been very busy & all I have gotten to do is build the leg kit. Hopefully I'll get to work on it again this coming Wednesday night.

I'm also building a vacuum table for it as well & I'll be posting a build thread for it.

Good luck & Congratulations
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

ya i hope we do not regret not getting the nema 34s but we had to make some compromises
    we are talking about a vacuum table add on around xmass until then we will probably use composite nails and normal hold downs

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah I know what you mean about the Nema 24, I purchased a used CNC that just wasnt heavy enough so when I bought this I wanted to go all out so I waited a little longer to get the 34's.

It may not be to late to change your mind & change the order to Nema 34, I dont think the price difference is that much is it? And if you can't change it I think you'll just have to go a little slower & make a little shallower cuts.

On our old router we used some double sided tape that worked pretty well, the brand was Shurtape. I've also heard about using blue painters tape & super glue.

I'm building my own vacuum table, I've gotten about $1200 into it and all I have left to purchase is the PVC pipe, some wire and he ultra light MDF. But I didnt have to purchase the regular MDF, I have a customer that manufactures MDF & gave me a couple pieces. When I build mine I'm going to be able to turn off each motor independantly as well as the 4 different zones.

Enjoy
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

That's cool... ya it was another $1500 and we are already at almost 9k with everything we have now and that's before mdf the spindle showed up yesterday from eBay it is really heavy

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah I think we had about 11,700 or so for the router nema 34 & cncrp spindle with all the goodies & donek knife. It's expensive but hopefully it will last a long time

Downloads
    Uploads

ya as we are a non profit we have to do what we can. i was going to get the drag knife but had to remove it from my order due to cost and the spindle from china was deviled the other day its not bad and for less then $400 it was a good start.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok so I have this radiator from an old pc build
    Hardware Labs | Black Ice Xtreme III
    it has this fitting on it http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-g1-4-black-sparkle-diamond-1-2-fitting.html#Specifications
    I could use some help connecting it to my spindle the thread on the radiator is g1/4in and the sindle is 4x6mm tubing I believe. it is this one https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282810965819

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Delloman View Post
    Ok so I have this radiator from an old pc build
    Hardware Labs | Black Ice Xtreme III
    it has this fitting on it http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-g1-4-black-sparkle-diamond-1-2-fitting.html#Specifications
    I could use some help connecting it to my spindle the thread on the radiator is g1/4in and the sindle is 4x6mm tubing I believe. it is this one https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282810965819
    Your going to want to change the fitting on the radiator (if it came with them) to something like this. It has a output for a 1/4in Id hose, or in metric standards, 6.35mm.

https://www.amazon.com/Enzotech-Fitting-Tubing-Black-4-pack/dp/B01DQ0WUJ4/ref=mp_s_a_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1535124402&sr=8-19&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=g1%2F4&dpPl=1&d pID=41yhoS2nLSL&ref=plSrch

If the soft tubing is stuck and left in hot/boiling water for 10 minutes or so, you should be able to stretch some 5mm tubing enough to get it to fit (Will be a really tight fit, but I have gotten the Home depot fish tank tubing to strech and fit mine). If not, you might have to shave the fins off those connectors to fit a smaller tube on it.

Other than the above, its finding bigger fittings for the spindle you have to accept a bigger tubing size.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

What VFD did you end up getting?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Good the Huan Yang seem to be the best Chinese VFD's I have one that I had on my old router, for about a week, along with a Rattmotor 2.2kw air cooled spindle. I'd like to sell them both if you know of anyone interested.

Good luck

Downloads
    Uploads

So my order shipped last night and it should be here 3 days earlier then when what I was told I will be receiving 11 packages plus the extension is drop shipped from the factory.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Delloman,

Let me know if you need any help or advice with your machine. I've been running a PRO4896 NEMA 23 in downtown ATL for about 2 years now. Only thing id recommend for now is make some covers for your rails along the sides, and buy some extra belts for the Y drive assemblies. Only problem ive had with the machine is one belt getting torn up from a chip getting between it and the drive pulley.

If youre interested in a vacuum table system, check out Black Box Vac, they are located in Canton, GA. Fantastic system! I have their hurricane model.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info do you have any pics? So the CNC is running it moves... I am able to turn the spindle on with the vfd controler. I ended up using 3 phase 220 for power I am having problems with getting mach3 to control the spindle I am using the 14 pin plug from CRP I think I am missing a wire or Two help would be appreciated see attachment

Quote Originally Posted by ColletandBit View Post
    Hey Delloman,

Let me know if you need any help or advice with your machine. I've been running a PRO4896 NEMA 23 in downtown ATL for about 2 years now. Only thing id recommend for now is make some covers for your rails along the sides, and buy some extra belts for the Y drive assemblies. Only problem ive had with the machine is one belt getting torn up from a chip getting between it and the drive pulley.

If youre interested in a vacuum table system, check out Black Box Vac, they are located in Canton, GA. Fantastic system! I have their hurricane model.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PRO4896 Build The Maker's Station Marietta, Georgia-img_20180925_205724-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

So talked to CRP to night and I had one wire incorrect so that has been changed still not working when I change setting I can control vfd from the control panel but I want to use mach3 I do have a RS485 usb controler but I would rather use the cable and pigtail i got from CRP

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the help it is cutting well still need to do a little more training front to back but getting good cuts this took 3 hours

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PRO4896 Build The Maker's Station Marietta, Georgia-img_20181007_175940-jpg