New Machine Build DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff

So I think I first spoke to Cory from CNCRP back in 2016.
    After much R&D, saving and thought.. and countless hours reading..

I think my order will ship from CNCRP this week, and take a few weeks to get to Perth via sea freight.
    In the meantime, there has been much planning & sourcing of the controls and electronics - I decided to
    go all in.

Leave the photos to give you an idea of what's on the plan...

i. Spindle - went for the 3.5kW ER25 sized Chinese eBay spindle.. the spindle/collet runout was < 0.008mm . Deflection of the gantry/tool will be key.
    ii. 3 phase VFD, braking resistor, line reactor in separate steel enclosure
    iii. Main enclosure with expansion for 4th axis, ETH300/UB1 plus an ethernet PLC for delayed start/control stations/state machine/email alerts

Currently waiting for slotted ducting and final batch of electrical cable / parts to finish the panels then it should look a lot better!

DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-img_1100-jpgDownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-img_1134-jpgDownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-img_1137-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-img_1100-jpg   DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-img_1134-jpg   DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-img_1137-jpg  

ericks

Default Re: DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff

Looking good.....all the best with your build

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff

Looks like a serious setup.

Downloads
    Uploads

Some progress

DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-img_1147-jpgDownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-img_1150-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-img_1150-jpg   DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-img_1147-jpg  

ericks

I see you have a different VFD now....what happened?

Downloads
    Uploads

No dramas.. the white one is an old 1ph Powtran PI8100 I had which was used as a mockup. The black one is the new 3ph PI9130 I bought.

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewwong2000 View Post
    No dramas.. the white one is an old 1ph Powtran PI8100 I had which was used as a mockup. The black one is the new 3ph PI9130 I bought.
    Nice

Downloads
    Uploads

I see you have a load or line reactor? Nice setup.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff

It seems I need line reactors for my local power supply for a stable running VFD.

I had chronic problems running the 1 to 3 phase Powtran on my dust cyclone for ages, where it would trip out every few minutes.

I then tried a more expensive 3 ph Lenze VFD with an EMI filter .. but that also kept tripping out as well.

A 3% line reactor did wonders for the reliability of that system and at a far cheaper cost (US$120) than renting a 3 phase power analyzer to track down if it was a transient, phase imbalance or other supply issue.

Another benefit was the slight drop in voltage as my supply last time I checked was 240/415v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericks

Have you received the Pro60120?

Downloads
    Uploads

Not yet.. CNCRP quoted 5 weeks but that is the actual ship travel time ..

As it is LCL , it will be a total time of 2.5 weeks before the ship even leaves port.

So in reality from leaving CNCRP mid August to my door will be mid October

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewwong2000 View Post
    Not yet.. CNCRP quoted 5 weeks but that is the actual ship travel time ..

As it is LCL , it will be a total time of 2.5 weeks before the ship even leaves port.

So in reality from leaving CNCRP mid August to my door will be mid October

Exciting!! i have looked at their machines.....really impressive

Downloads
    Uploads

I’ll be really excited if it actually can mill some 6061 but I am fully aware it’s not a VMC ..

If it can mill Jarrah and HDPE/Delrin I’ll be happy enough

ericks

I guess that's why i decided not to buy one of their machines. I needed something very rigid to also do aluminium....hopefully my build will be a success

Downloads
    Uploads

Three machines needed 4axis wood router, metal mill and metal lathe.

ericks

That's sounds good.....my next build will be a cnc mill....however i don't plan to mill metal, i don't mind aluminium chips but really don't like metal chips

Downloads
    Uploads

More progress

ericks

Great job!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Had a bit of time today to get into the wiring.. this is going to take a few more weekends !

The 24V systems power up and the interposing relays and contactors are working nicely.

You can see the space left for the 5th Servo drive / Contactor / Relay .. if/when I go 4 Axis.

DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-img_1171-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-img_1171-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you explain the purpose of that Crouzet device?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast