New Machine Build DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff

Good news .. finally received my 60120 Pro shipment! Hard to imagine I ordered in mid-June

The pallet looked like it was about to fall apart but the 15 boxes were well packed by 8020 and CNCRP so I expect not to find any damaged parts.

The construction begins !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericks

Default Re: DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff

Glad you received it enjoy!

Downloads
    Uploads

Not quite yet.. I have had to send them an email.. will see how it goes .

Downloads
    Uploads

Well CNCRP made a mistake but their response to it is outstanding. I was hoping not to have a problem with shipping the whole kit halfway around the world, but without any hesitation they are express shipping the missing stuff to me.

On with the rest of the build .. drilled the mounting plate to take the Chinese spindle and mounting the NEMA34 DMM servos .. everything seems to fit nicely.

Interesting to note the CNCRP parts have key ways but they don’t use them.. is there an advantage to using grub screws instead of a key way ?

ericks

They always looked to me to be a good company....glad you got it sorted

Downloads
    Uploads

They have great service and I consider them to be a top notch company. I get good results every time I contact them.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff

Some progress while waiting for things to arrive

DMM 0.75kW servos setup and Chinese 3.5kW spindle adapted to CNCRP tramming plate

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I’m about 7 hours into the build .. the basic table is done.

Now that I’ve had some experience I can say it was the right move not to try and DIY everything. CNCRP have put much thought and refinement into how the parts are sorted, build instructions and design.

Being the 60120 I just have an issue with the spliced extrusion not being square horizontally. Will give it all a wiggle tonight with the soft hammer.

It makes my 6.3m wide workshop pretty cramped !

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi mate- where are you based? I went down to build it from scratch path and it has been a long and challenging slog & with hindsight I should have started with a decommissioned table or kit instead.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Brood View Post
    Hi mate- where are you based? I went down to build it from scratch path and it has been a long and challenging slog & with hindsight I should have started with a decommissioned table or kit instead.
    The other end ! WA it was a long boat ride ..

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Andrew, out of interest, which parts were missing?

I have a very similar timetable to you with my order, I received into Fremantle last Monday. (48x96 PRO w NEMA 34 and Spindle)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey elsy, great to hear you're also in Perth! We should get together some time.

They left out my leg kit.. but they were great - the air expressed the missing alu (all 60+lbs of it) to me on Monday.

Build is progressing .. but have hit a snag. Will see what CNCRP can do with the next challenge.

Downloads
    Uploads

Progress..

Running in the spindle, machine pretty much built.. just one more thing !

I forgot that I had upgraded from 4896 to 60120.. so . my cables for the servos were all too short ! 60120 needs a lot more cable!

DMM DYN4 servos are really nice to setup and look forward to first cuts this week.

Also connected up my camera to enable remote monitoring

DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-56420688113__5e048223-ce63-477f-9624-bf1f463f5fb2-jpgDownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-hqux9r-syi89qghs5kgna-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-56420688113__5e048223-ce63-477f-9624-bf1f463f5fb2-jpg   DownUnder Machine Build .. Pro 60120 with Servos and other fun stuff-hqux9r-syi89qghs5kgna-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Running at full 300Hz, I'm seeing the body of the CNC spindle reaching 50C.. about 20-25C over ambient.

Wondering if this is what other people are seeing ?

ericks

You making great progress

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd run it at half speed for an hour or two, to "break it in".
    You may see it run cooler after that.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

An update - after 2 days of soldering and splicing cables ( a task I will never do again !) I have got all 3 axes moving !!

Now the gantry seems to be a bit twisted so will realign the plates tonight and am ready to start squaring and trammung the gantry and spindle !!

Will have to order an extra set of 10m cables and upgrade the default cable drag chain to 130-150mm size as it wasn’t sized to carry AC servo and encoder cables.

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewwong2000 View Post
    An update - after 2 days of soldering and splicing cables ( a task I will never do again !) I have got all 3 axes moving !!

Now the gantry seems to be a bit twisted so will realign the plates tonight and am ready to start squaring and trammung the gantry and spindle !!

Will have to order an extra set of 10m cables and upgrade the default cable drag chain to 130-150mm size as it wasn’t sized to carry AC servo and encoder cables.

Please post pics of the completed machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Here’s a good one .. was using a punch as a pointer to square the gantry

My gcode wasn’t good

Downloads
    Uploads

First gcode test

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast