Need Help! Electrical components recommendations

Thread: Electrical components recommendations

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Electrical components recommendations

Hi Guys, Thanks in advance for the help. I am almost made up my mind and decided to go with CNCRP kit. However, the plug and play Spindle and the Plug and Play control box are super expensive from my point of view. My question is, any one please can recommend another out of the box VFD system with a complete out of the box control unit with Motors too? And If you have experience this specific mayter it would be much appreciated to guide me to the right track.

Thanks again.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Electrical components recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by as3ad130306 View Post
    Hi Guys, Thanks in advance for the help. I am almost made up my mind and decided to go with CNCRP kit. However, the plug and play Spindle and the Plug and Play control box are super expensive from my point of view. My question is, any one please can recommend another out of the box VFD system with a complete out of the box control unit with Motors too? And If you have experience this specific mayter it would be much appreciated to guide me to the right track.

Thanks again.
    I think it has been mentioned a few times, but probably worth it again. If you can, in any way, afford the plug in play system you will be glad you did. I did the build-your-own CNC one at first, and did get it to work, but then I opt'd to get the plug in play system with my new CNCRP and I couldn't be happier. The amount of time, frustration, and energy I saved on literally plugging it in, and turning it on, at least for me was definitely worth the amount I saved in parts. I had one small problem that CNCRP took care of immediately that didn't impact operations, it was just a missing screw. From cabling to powered on you can probably be going in under 30min or less. CNCRP gives you all the files and settings you need for Mach3 as well which was a huge time saver for me.

CNCRP even sent out a patch when Windows broke Mach3.

Except for windows being windows, when I go out to start the CNC, I know it will fire right up and just work. And if there is a problem, I know I can contact CNCRP and get immediate help.

Sometimes I look at it and think about the $$ for a split second, and then I remember all the hours I spent fighting with my old one, smile, node, and let it do it's thing.

You are right, it is a lot of money when you think about it, but at least for me I found it totally worth every penny.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not aware of anyone else that makes similar ready to run kits. If they did, they'd be priced similarly, as there's a lot of work involved.

You can probably save up to 50%, if you buy the components individually and assemble them yourself.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

And as Gerry often recommends, if you aren’t going with the CNCRP electronics, I’d recommend considering UCCNC instead of Mach3 though I haven’t used it myself. The fact that Gerry recommends it is good enough for me but I’m not going to take apart a fully functional machine to swap the electronics necessary to support UCCNC. If I were building one now though, I’d use UCCNC.

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    And as Gerry often recommends, if you aren’t going with the CNCRP electronics, I’d recommend considering UCCNC instead of Mach3 though I haven’t used it myself. The fact that Gerry recommends it is good enough for me but I’m not going to take apart a fully functional machine to swap the electronics necessary to support UCCNC. If I were building one now though, I’d use UCCNC.
    Swapping electronics is unplugging 2 LPT ports from the smoothstepper and plugging them into a UC300ETH. Not much work IMO.
    The UC300ETH works with Mach3 Mach4 and UCCNC. You can switch software any time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    Swapping electronics is unplugging 2 LPT ports from the smoothstepper and plugging them into a UC300ETH. Not much work IMO.
    The UC300ETH works with Mach3 Mach4 and UCCNC. You can switch software any time.
    Maybe but is there also a configuration importer or translator. Having a fully functional machine requires more than just swapping out a board though I do not know how big an endeavor it is. For me, I have something that works and my business is more important than running UCCNC.

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Maybe but is there also a configuration importer or translator. Having a fully functional machine requires more than just swapping out a board though I do not know how big an endeavor it is. For me, I have something that works and my business is more important than running UCCNC.
    Yes you have to press the Import mach3 settings button, much work either.
    It is not about just running UCCNC, but it is more reliable and more precise software is the advantage.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLima View Post
    I think it has been mentioned a few times, but probably worth it again. If you can, in any way, afford the plug in play system you will be glad you did. I did the build-your-own CNC one at first, and did get it to work, but then I opt'd to get the plug in play system with my new CNCRP and I couldn't be happier. The amount of time, frustration, and energy I saved on literally plugging it in, and turning it on, at least for me was definitely worth the amount I saved in parts. I had one small problem that CNCRP took care of immediately that didn't impact operations, it was just a missing screw. From cabling to powered on you can probably be going in under 30min or less. CNCRP gives you all the files and settings you need for Mach3 as well which was a huge time saver for me.

CNCRP even sent out a patch when Windows broke Mach3.

Except for windows being windows, when I go out to start the CNC, I know it will fire right up and just work. And if there is a problem, I know I can contact CNCRP and get immediate help.

Sometimes I look at it and think about the $$ for a split second, and then I remember all the hours I spent fighting with my old one, smile, node, and let it do it's thing.

You are right, it is a lot of money when you think about it, but at least for me I found it totally worth every penny.
    Thanks for the advice mate. Yes I agree with you. The hustle must be considered during the build too. And coming from a Zero background in building such control units It makes sense to invest in the plug and play. So all is well with CNCRP guys so far? Another hustle I am not sure about is which NEMA to select. the 23's or the 34's. Well, I am planning to cut mainly Wood, Foam and Fiber Glass (3mm thickness max). I am considering the 4 x 4 foot size. But in case I want to expand in the future - cutting the same materials but bigger sizes - will the size of the Motor's affect my operation in the future? I cannot really decide because this is my first build and I am doing this as a side business. What do you think?

Thanks again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I'm not aware of anyone else that makes similar ready to run kits. If they did, they'd be priced similarly, as there's a lot of work involved.

You can probably save up to 50%, if you buy the components individually and assemble them yourself.
    Appreciated. Do you have or can you please guide me where to find a link that demonstrates all the requirements for building my own control unit(s)? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

FWIW I’m designing and building a CNCRP kit with servos

For the amount of time and research I’ve spent on it, the plug and play is actually good value for a beginner to get the machine running.. don’t underestimate the value of their tech support if you’re not electrical and electronically inclined.

I might get my kit in 8 weeks time.. the electricals will take that long to set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    Yes you have to press the Import mach3 settings button, much work either.
    It is not about just running UCCNC, but it is more reliable and more precise software is the advantage.
    Is it really that easy? Guess I’ll give it a shot after cutting a bunch of parts so I can take my time. Thanks.

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by andrewwong2000 View Post
    FWIW I’m designing and building a CNCRP kit with servos

For the amount of time and research I’ve spent on it, the plug and play is actually good value for a beginner to get the machine running.. don’t underestimate the value of their tech support if you’re not electrical and electronically inclined.

I might get my kit in 8 weeks time.. the electricals will take that long to set up
    If I could get the CNCRP with servo control and an auto-tool changer, I really wouldn’t have need to upgrade. As it is, I have my eye on the Camaster Cobra with ATC one of these distant years. But in the mean time, the CNCRP machine has been very good and does everything I need except the multiple bits without manual changing.

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

ericks

The CNCRP kit looks like good value