New Machine Build CNCRP Pro4x8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNCRP Pro4x8

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNCRP Pro4x8

I'm making the switch from a Tormach/Sieg KX3 mill to a CNCRP 4x8 router. I've decided that the bigger table is a better fit for my requirements compared to the precision and hard metal handling capabilities of the mill. Looking forward to the build process - my mill was a Chinese mess that took a lot of time to sort out, so I think I'm up to the task!

Even thought I'm not sure about needing the size, I have room for a 4x8 and being able to put material on the router bed without trimming it down has a lot of appeal.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNCRP Pro4x8

Good luck with your build I ordered my 4x8 Pro last Monday. Did you purchase the Nema 24 or 34? Are you going to use a router or spindle?

I'm going to build a vacuum table for mine, what are you going to use for material hold down?

Enjoy
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-Wiant View Post
    Good luck with your build I ordered my 4x8 Pro last Monday. Did you purchase the Nema 24 or 34? Are you going to use a router or spindle?

I'm going to build a vacuum table for mine, what are you going to use for material hold down?

Enjoy
    Gary
    Thanks!

I haven't figured out what I am going to do with work holding yet, I will be starting out with screws and clamps. I went heavy duty - Nema 34 and the spindle. I plan on doing a lot of aluminum so figured beefier was better.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds great, I ordered the Nema 34 plug & play unit with CNCRP Sindle as well. I'll be doing a lot of sheet stock (aluminum, wood, pvc & acrylic)so I think a vacuum table will work best for us.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds great, I ordered the Nema 34 plug & play unit with CNCRP Sindle as well. I'll be doing a lot of sheet stock (aluminum, wood, pvc & acrylic)so I think a vacuum table will work best for us.
    Yep. At least having a CNC table should make building a vacuum table pretty easy.

What are you thinking for the pump(s)?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered 4 of the 122178-18 from centralvacuummotor.com that dgage recommended. My issue now is finding a product to use as a plenum. I know I can use MDF but I hear it is a hassle to sell with epoxy, or I could use phenolic but I was quoted $780 for a 4x8 sheet of 3/4"...ugh now I'm learning towards using 3/4" or 1" Versatex PVC. I was told on another forum it will work but I'm waiting on a call back from the Versatex engineer. If it would down for 5 minutes here, I'd design my vacuum & plenum. Im planning on 4 2'x4' zones that I'll be able to turn on each motor & zone individually & I'd like to place T-Slots between the zones just for a alternative to the vacuum table.

Plus i'm still 7 weeks out of mine being shipped

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

I should have (most) of mine coming sometime this week. I'm doing some product development work for a company right now, really looking forward to having the opportunity to do my own prototyping (they have an industrial grade 5x10 with ATC, etc).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That sounds very interesting, I used to do a lot of that for Gerber Scientific (vinyl cutters & digital printers) back when they were actually coming out with new machines. I'm still on CadLink's Beta team to test their Signlab product.

Thanks & good luck keep posting updates about your build.

Downloads
    Uploads

Day 1 of the build is finished. Everything has gone together pretty well.

CNCRP Pro4x8-cncrp-pro4896-day-1-build-jpg

Has anyone else had parts issues with CNCRP kits? One of the bolts was the wrong size, and one of the double t-nuts had only one of the two holes tapped. Not huge deals, but the whole point of buying the kit is not to have to modify stuff to make it work.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNCRP Pro4x8-cncrp-pro4896-day-1-build-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Call them and they should get you the right parts quickly.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks good. Did you print the instruction manual or are you just using a tablet & going through it that way?

I'm excited I received an email that my router has been partially shipped.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks good. Did you print the instruction manual or are you just using a tablet & going through it that way?

I'm excited I received an email that my router has been partially shipped.
    I couldn't bring myself to print the instruction manual and kill that many trees. I'm using a tablet, which has worked well - if I want to zoom in on an illustration to see detail, etc, I can get a much better view than if I had printed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast