New Machine Build CNCRP Pro4x8 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNCRP Pro4x8

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNCRP Pro4x8 - sensor guards

The limit switches are at the very ends of the travel for the z, y, and z axis.... so by definition they stick out. A ways! I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't take me much time to damage one of the sensors (or myself) as I traipse around the shop. So I fabbed up some sensor guards from aluminum stock I had lying around (I work with a company that lets me rummage through their drop pile).

Using existing holes / hardware, nothing is required except for the scrap aluminum.

I made guards for the gantry and the table, but not for the z-axis. If I manage to bump that one something has already gone badly wrong with my day!

Gantry:
    CNCRP Pro4x8-gantry-sensor-guard-1-jpg

CNCRP Pro4x8-gantry-sensor-guard-2-jpg

Table: (only showing 2 of the 3 guards I installed)
    CNCRP Pro4x8-table-cable-guard-1-jpg

CNCRP Pro4x8-table-cable-guard-2-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNCRP Pro4x8-gantry-sensor-guard-1-jpg   CNCRP Pro4x8-gantry-sensor-guard-2-jpg   CNCRP Pro4x8-table-cable-guard-1-jpg   CNCRP Pro4x8-table-cable-guard-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNCRP Pro4x8

Looks great, and thanks for all the info. I will be following your build as I am deciding on the split spindle plasma table. Keep up the good work

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNCRP Pro4x8

Quote Originally Posted by ebrakespin View Post
    Looks great, and thanks for all the info. I will be following your build as I am deciding on the split spindle plasma table. Keep up the good work
    Thanks, there are a number of good videos on the "standard" build that I would not attempt to replicate. I thought it could be more useful to discuss the mods that I made. If different images or details would be useful I am happy to go into excruciating detail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12