CNCRP plug and play kit - Spindle connection - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNCRP plug and play kit - Spindle connection

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNCRP plug and play kit - Spindle connection

The CNCRP plate is drilled for the GMT spindle which has a different spacing to the generic Changsheng spindles and pretty much any other Chinese spindle.

Did anyone have any tricky issues drilling new holes into the tramming plate for a different spindle ?

I assume hole alignment would not be super critical because you still have to tram it once it’s all bolted up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo70 View Post
    Thanks for all the help so far. I just spoke to an electrician and am getting a 220v 30a circuit installed. I also plan to wire in a 30amp plug for the hitachi VFD. The manual clearly states I should place the VFD in an enclosure. I found some online that will work. I plan to add a fan to the enclosure as well. Any recommendations? I would also like a separate AC switch on the input to the VFD to kill power when machine is not on (I have small kids). I read that a 30a switch is not good enough and the contacts can weld shut because of the capacitance of the VFD. Does anyone have a switch? Or should I just unplug the VFD when not in use?

I just put a regular 220V switch in surface mount plastic box and wired through that.

Let me go get a picture.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

CNCRP plug and play kit  - Spindle connection-img_5404-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by andrewwong2000 View Post
    The CNCRP plate is drilled for the GMT spindle which has a different spacing to the generic Changsheng spindles and pretty much any other Chinese spindle.

Did anyone have any tricky issues drilling new holes into the tramming plate for a different spindle ?

I assume hole alignment would not be super critical because you still have to tram it once it’s all bolted up ?
    CNCRP sells an adapter mount for the chinese spindles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12