New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon

I pulled the trigger today on my new 4x8 CNC Router Parts PRO router with all the upgrades, Leg Kit, Nema 34 PNP, 3HP PNP Spindle, Pepperl & Fuchs Proximity sensors, Mach 3, Auto Z & cornering finder, Donek drag knife & I'm building a Vacuum table for it. I'm very excited to get this here and get it set up.

Now I need to get my Machine Tool Camp taken apart & everything ready to assemble the new one.

I was planning on using phenolic to make my vacuum table base then put ultralight mdf on top of that but when I called today for a price on 3/4" phenolic I was told $780 and I need to drive about 2 hours to pick it up. Now with that price I'm considering just using mdf & sealing it with epoxy, unless someone tells me it's that much better to use phenolic.

Any tips are greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon

I posted this on another sub forum with no response yet so I'll post it here as well.

While I'm waiting on my new CNCRP Pro 4896 to get here & in the meantime I'm trying to gather information & parts to put my vacuum table together.

My plan is from the bottom up is 3/4" or 1" MDF bolted to the table then I plan on either using glue or epoxy to attach my Pentium material - here is the main question do I
    1.) Use MDF & deal with sealing all edges.
    2.) Use HDPE - I'm just not sure of stability
    3.) Use Versatex - I'm not sure of the stability & if the versatex will need sealed.
    4.) Use Phenolic - this would be the easiest but also most expensive Peidmont Plastics quoted me $780 for 3/4" C OR CE.

Then I'll glue ultralight MDF to the top of the plentum.

So far my only purchase is 4 - Lighthouse Enterprises 122178-18 vacuums and gaskets.
    Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you
    Gary Wiant

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345