New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon

I totally agree, I'll order some T9 from Rockler to have it here when i start my build

Downloads
    Uploads

Its started to show up, first 12 boxes are here. The 80-20 will ship out on August 14th. I'm planning on starting a new thread for my build once everything gets here & show the progress of the router build as well as my vacuum table build along with prices so in the future if someone want to build a vacuum table like mine they will have a parts list.New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon-31442-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrik8r_K View Post
    I thought there was something else but drawing a blank. Maybe motor shafts but these may have been treated already. One thing that most don't realize is that sawdust absorbs moisture so if it sits on steel parts you get surface rust very quickly. I use slip-it (similar to T9) to treat my steel parts and have to re-apply every few months...especially during the humid months .... like now. I'm sure it's mostly visual but I hate to see rust.
    I called CNC Router Parts about coating the exposed steel & they reccomend spraying the steel with WD-40. Has anyone else used WD-40 if whatever I use is going to need re-applied every month or so I'd like to use something that is readily available.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I use the same thing as I did for my table saw, which is Boeshield T-9. I went to my local Woodcraft and purchased the set, which includes the T-9, Rust Free, and Bit Cleaner, I also noticed the T-9 came in a little 4 oz tube (not spray) for “bike chain” lubrication so I bought that to make it less messy than the spray to just put it straight on the rails. I also bought a plastic bristle brush from the hardware store where the brass bristle brushes are in paint to help apply the lubrications to the teeth of the rack pieces. Seems to be working pretty well so far.

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Dave I was looking around locally & found Rust Oleum Rust Inhibitor that comes in a spray can and Evapo Rust in a spraybottle, at Home Depot. Has anyone tried these?

Downloads
    Uploads

I've always use TopCoat on my table saw and other tools, and it works great for preventing rust. If you have a local Woodcraft or Rockler, they usually carry it.
    Looks like they've change the name to GlideCoat.
    https://www.amazon.com/Glidecote-V20...2VF23ATPZ509SC

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

We are in a very rural area, we are about 15 miles from the closest Home Depot & about 30 miles from Lowes. I'll look & see if I can find a Woodcraft or Rockler around the Pittsburgh area

Downloads
    Uploads

Easier to just order from Amazon, then.

You could always paint the steel parts, couldn't you?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't started to build yet but from what I can see the only steel pieces are the rack & pinion, linear rails & gussets & I'm 95% sure the gussets are painted / powder coated so the only thing left are the rack & pinion & linear rails and I'm pretty sure I don't want to paint those.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

It's been a while since I've updated my thread so I wanted to give a little update.

Let me start by saying when I would see people getting their router and not getting it built right away I would think how can they do that I'd build mine ASAP.... well I've had my router since the second week of August & I still don't have it finished. I'm up to the point where I need to start wiring the stepper motors. Everything has went great with the exception of my main business being so busy I cannot get time to work on finishing the build. The plan was to take some time off this past week and finish the router because PA Archery season started this past Saturday. Well that was until this past Tuesday when I was trying to get into my shed to get my broad head target slipped on a wet ramp & landed half on & half off the ramp and ended up with a deep bone bruise on my hip and a few broken ribs so now I'm stuck trying to get around on crutches and very very sore. So it's been a long drawn out build I'm very excited to get it finished and start making cool stuff. Thank God it could have been a lot worse if I would have hit my head or actually broke something.

Thanks for reading

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to hear that Gary. Hope you get better soon so you can finish that CNC though being busy with work is better than the alternative.

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

Gary, sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you recovery quickly and get back to the build!
    My build also got spread out over several months due to family health problems. Good Luck!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Gary, been there done that. I still haven't cut anything with my table, though I did manage to amputate the end of my left index finger with a radial arm saw and am still healing up from that.

I haven't had an immediate need for my table so I am taking my time doing it (hopefully) right, protecting all the wires and sensors correctly, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-Wiant View Post
    It's been a while since I've updated my thread so I wanted to give a little update.

Let me start by saying when I would see people getting their router and not getting it built right away I would think how can they do that I'd build mine ASAP.... well I've had my router since the second week of August & I still don't have it finished. I'm up to the point where I need to start wiring the stepper motors. Everything has went great with the exception of my main business being so busy I cannot get time to work on finishing the build. The plan was to take some time off this past week and finish the router because PA Archery season started this past Saturday. Well that was until this past Tuesday when I was trying to get into my shed to get my broad head target slipped on a wet ramp & landed half on & half off the ramp and ended up with a deep bone bruise on my hip and a few broken ribs so now I'm stuck trying to get around on crutches and very very sore. So it's been a long drawn out build I'm very excited to get it finished and start making cool stuff. Thank God it could have been a lot worse if I would have hit my head or actually broke something.

Thanks for reading
    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, it's been a week and I still cant walk on my left leg without crutches. I'm thinking I pulled something in my hip/groin area.

David - I'm glad now that I got the 4x8 & not the 5x10 when I put the linear rails on the x-axis I used almost all the width of the building my router is in.

Pugsly - yes taking time and doing it the best I can has caused a bit of the slow down as well. I have a cousin that cut the end of his finger off in shop class in high school, he got the nickname that he still has of stumpy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234