New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon

David - motorized ball valves is over my experience level for now. Do you think 3 motors would be enough vacuum if the vacuum in the zones were evened out?

How loud are the 3 motors you have? What voltage do the motor use?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think 3 motors would be enough vacuum if the vacuum in the zones were evened out?
    Too many variables to accurately answer that.
    It depends on:
    The size of the parts.
    Size and type of tool.
    Material.
    Feedrate.
    How much of the table is exposed (leakage).

There are a lot of posts on the Shopbot Forum about these vacuum motors.

Most people use 3 or 4 motors for a 4x8 table.
    Since a 5x10 table is ~60% larger, you'd probably need 6 motors to get a similar amount of vacuum.

I think most get 240V motors, as you'd need double the amps to run them at 120V. You'd need 60 amps at 120V to run 4 of them.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

As usual Ger21 is absolutely right and a tremendous help for us in the CNC community. Two things I’ll add. The 240V 8.4” (122178-18) motors are more powerful than the LH7123 that most on the Shopbot scene were using a few years ago. And the commercial Blackbox Hurricane has two banks of 2 motors and I’m pretty sure they are the same or similar to what I’m using. I just ordered a 4th vacuum motor just in case but not sure when I’ll install it or if I’ll keep it as a spare. For my 5x10 table, with cutting two sheets of 5x5 plywood with fairly large parts, I have had no issue with suction or parts moving using the 3 motors I have. But as Gerry pointed out, your situation might be completely different.

Last edited by dgage; 06-21-2018 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling
    David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

So I'm ready to start cleaning out my router shop, I know the router isn't rigid enough as a 4x8 table but does anyone think there is a call for my controls? It's a 3 axis with 3 stepper motors and DeskCNC Breakout board 0-10 board with new square 2.2kw air cooled square spindle & Huan Yang VFD. I also have all the 8020 aluminum that I'll scrap if none needs it for building something else or wants to reduce the size to something smaller like 2x4. At this point I'm open to offers

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

So it doesnt seem like anyone has any need for my MTC router so it looks like I'm going to break it down & scrap what I can & hopefully sell the vfd & spindle.

I'm planning on ordering my cncrp 4896 Pro Monday or Tuesday, I'm excited to get it started. I'm going to start with a vacuum table and V-Carve Pro then upgrade to aspire if & when I need it.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been looking for some Ultralight MDF but my local Home Depot doesnt have it available in my area nor with they deliver it to me. Any help on where I can purchased it in western PA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-Wiant View Post
    I've been looking for some Ultralight MDF but my local Home Depot doesnt have it available in my area nor with they deliver it to me. Any help on where I can purchased it in western PA
    Timber Products Company website says you can buy it at:

Allegheny Plywood Company
    3433 Smallman Street
    Pittsburgh, PA 15201

Is that close to you?

If it weren't for the last minute nothing would ever get done.
    Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

It's within 1.5 hr's & I drive down that way for my wife's Dr. Appts. I'll contact them

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

I pulled the trigger today on my new 4x8 CNC Router Parts PRO router with all the upgrades, Leg Kit, Nema 34 PNP, 3HP PNP Spindle, Pepperl & Fuchs Proximity sensors, Mach 3, Auto Z & cornering finder, Donek drag knife & I'm building a Vacuum table for it. I'm very excited to get this here and get it set up.

Now I need to get my Machine Tool Camp taken apart & everything ready to assemble the new one.

I was planning on using phenolic to make my vacuum table base then put ultralight mdf on top of that but when I called today for a price on 3/4" phenolic I was told $780 and I need to drive about 2 hours to pick it up. Now with that price I'm considering just using mdf & sealing it with epoxy, unless someone tells me it's that much better to use phenolic.

Any tips are greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

I posted this on another sub forum with no response yet so I'll post it here as well.

While I'm waiting on my new CNCRP Pro 4896 to get here & in the meantime I'm trying to gather information & parts to put my vacuum table together.

My plan is from the bottom up is 3/4" or 1" MDF bolted to the table then I plan on either using glue or epoxy to attach my Pentium material - here is the main question do I
    1.) Use MDF & deal with sealing all edges.
    2.) Use HDPE - I'm just not sure of stability
    3.) Use Versatex - I'm not sure of the stability & if the versatex will need sealed.
    4.) Use Phenolic - this would be the easiest but also most expensive Peidmont Plastics quoted me $780 for 3/4" C OR CE.

Then I'll glue ultralight MDF to the top of the plentum.

So far my only purchase is 4 - Lighthouse Enterprises 122178-18 vacuums and gaskets.
    Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you
    Gary Wiant

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm planning on 4 - 2'x4' zones possibly with T-Slot rails between the zones but my question is about the plenum layout. So everyone with DIY or OEM Vacuum tables what do you feel are the advantages or disadvantages of having my zones either run the full width of my X-Axis or would I be better off running 2 zones across my x-axis? I would guess you would say the zones run the width of the router or 2 up the length of router, beginning that my old router was so bad I haven't done enough routing to know what material I'll probably use more of.

For our sign shop I'll probably end up using more full sheets but I have no idea what type of projects will pop up.

Thank you
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

It really depends on what you cut so it is hard to say. Worse case if you did a full width zone, you could use another piece of wood or foam to cover the unused part of the zone when needed.

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

The router building is ready to start the new buildNew CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon-20180721_201549-jpg

The old router parts are for sale, if anyone is interested in a great deal I can get better photos... make an offer
    New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon-20180721_191935-jpg

Thanks
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the plumbing concept I came up with for my vacuum table. Does anyone see any issues or do you think it will divert more vacuum to one zone than another? New CNC Router Parts 48x96 Router build coming soon-vacuum-table-plumbing-concept-jpg

Thank you
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Im super excited i just received an email today stating that my shipment from CNC Router Parts will be here August 7th that is 4 weeks to the day from when i ordered it & I was told 6 - 8 weeks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your going to love it Gary. Mine took every bit of the 6 weeks to get to me but it was worth the wait. It was a lot of fun to put together because everything is well made and well designed. Suggest to coat the steel parts with T9 or other similar products to prevent surface rust. Easier to do while you're putting together.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, other than the rack in pinion what ese is steel?

Downloads
    Uploads

I understand how excited your are. I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas after my order. On mine the 80-20 portion of the order arrived in 2 weeks and 3 weeks for the rest.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah i was told that CNCRP ordered the 80-20 July 19 but it is back ordered & i should receive it next week.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-Wiant View Post
    Thanks, other than the rack in pinion what ese is steel?
    I thought there was something else but drawing a blank. Maybe motor shafts but these may have been treated already. One thing that most don't realize is that sawdust absorbs moisture so if it sits on steel parts you get surface rust very quickly. I use slip-it (similar to T9) to treat my steel parts and have to re-apply every few months...especially during the humid months .... like now. I'm sure it's mostly visual but I hate to see rust.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast