New Machine Build CRP Pro4848 Spoil Board and V-Carve Questions, maybe even Mach 3 too!

Thread: CRP Pro4848 Spoil Board and V-Carve Questions, maybe even Mach 3 too!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CRP Pro4848 Spoil Board and V-Carve Questions, maybe even Mach 3 too!

All,

I am totally new to this CNC Router forum. While a long time woodworker, I am on a very steep learning curve for the hardware and software aspects of the CNC world. I bought a CRP Pro4848 and have it up and running to the point that I am ready to machine my spoil board. I have downloaded the CRP V-Carve file for the 4848 spoil board. That seems easy enough. Now the newbie question(s): How do I "tell" the CNC where to start cutting for the mounting holes? Since these mounting holes are through holes, I don't want to inadvertently mill into one of my cross members. Do you basically jog x y and z to where you want "zero" to be? I also have CRP touch plate which looks like it has the corner finding side, but not sure how to use it correctly. Also, my 4848 is actually 52.25" x 63", so no need for the spoil board to extend all the way to the outer edges? My PC is communicating through Mach 3 with the CNC and I have completed the square check and the tramming check. I did find out that the black collet on the spindle, although magnetic, does not conduct a sufficient signal for the zero touch plate the sense it. Good thing the ES button was close.

Thanks for any and all inputs!

Stan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CRP Pro4848 Spoil Board and V-Carve Questions, maybe even Mach 3 too!

Inside of V-Carve, the file for Spoilboard that downloaded, has its XYZ zero/starting points at the bottom left corner. In order to make your Spoilboard, you need another piece of MDF below, to act as a Spoilboard FOR the Spoilboard you want to make. That way you don’t route into any support beams.

If you’d don’t know how to use your 3sided touch Plate yet, put a V-bit in your spindle, and jog it over to the very bottom left corner of your MDF sheet. Inside Mach 3, this is where you’ll tell it to ZERO your XYZ (starting point for the G-code file). Then put in a 1/4” bit (this is the bit used for the G-Code/Spoilboard file), and re-zero JUSY your Z axis. Your X&Y will still be zeroed properly from the V-Bit you used before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CRP Pro4848 Spoil Board and V-Carve Questions, maybe even Mach 3 too!

Thanks! Steep learning curve, but making progress.