New Pro4x8 with dual z. gmt spindle and s30 atc spindle - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Pro4x8 with dual z. gmt spindle and s30 atc spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

How did this turn out? Got any updates? I just placed an order for the s30c spindle from cnc depot and I have a cncrp table with their nema34 electronics package. I'm so freaked out about setting all this up, you got any pointers or instructions youd be willing to share with the setup, what else I need to get this running? I would so greatly appreciate it, I'm totally new to cnc world
    Lucas

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Pro4x8 with dual z. gmt spindle and s30 atc spindle

Quote Originally Posted by Thewoodologist View Post
    How did this turn out? Got any updates? I just placed an order for the s30c spindle from cnc depot and I have a cncrp table with their nema34 electronics package. I'm so freaked out about setting all this up, you got any pointers or instructions youd be willing to share with the setup, what else I need to get this running? I would so greatly appreciate it, I'm totally new to cnc world
    Lucas

You will love that setup. I have used mine quite a bit cutting sheet goods for my cabinet shop. When I ordered mine I got the spindle control box from cnc depot, he added an air solenoid in it so that it would be as plug and play as possible. The only thing I had to do was move 1 wire inside the cnc control box to allow the tool change to be triggered. It re uses the thermal overload wire and I believe it was re connected to aux 1. Please get ahold of Alex at CNC Depot to make sure on the exact connection change, its been a year since I did mine. He walked me through it and it took about 5 mins. Do you have mach 3 for the control software? If so there is a macro on his website that will work to run the entire m6 command. It is very well documented and takes probably an hour to get the tool post locations set up in it. One thing you have to have are the proximity sensors, the machine has to be homed to the same location or else it cant locate the tool posts. Once you start setting it all up you will have quite a few questions. Its not complicated but the whole process an take some time to get everything mounted and tweaked. If you would like a little simpler approach there is a guy on youtube with that spindle, he didn't mount his tools to the machine he flips a switch and can swap tools in just a few seconds.

Downloads
    Uploads

I do Love The setup but I've experienced one hurdle after another, to this day I'm having trouble starting the spindle with mach3, it will randomly kick on but wont turn over two seconds later, i got the spindle kit with the hitachi nes, after weeks of trying i gave up and hooked up my old hyungyang vfd and it runs like a dream, alex is working on getting me the delta that avidcnc uses. In the mean time the hyungyang is working perfect i just havent figured out the parameter that will let mach control the speed, i wired the HY vfd to the spindle outputs on the CRP800 as per the diagrams, for the tool rack I'm waiting on some bearing blocks as i will have the tool rack move forward via pneumatic cylinders when it calls for a tool change. So far so good, oh, I also ordered some longer 8080 aluminum and raised the gantry 2" for better tool holder clearance and the new vacuum table I'm building for the machine. I so cant wait until this thing is fully wrapped up, its giving me gray hairs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerojunkie View Post
    You will love that setup. I have used mine quite a bit cutting sheet goods for my cabinet shop. When I ordered mine I got the spindle control box from cnc depot, he added an air solenoid in it so that it would be as plug and play as possible. The only thing I had to do was move 1 wire inside the cnc control box to allow the tool change to be triggered. It re uses the thermal overload wire and I believe it was re connected to aux 1. Please get ahold of Alex at CNC Depot to make sure on the exact connection change, its been a year since I did mine. He walked me through it and it took about 5 mins. Do you have mach 3 for the control software? If so there is a macro on his website that will work to run the entire m6 command. It is very well documented and takes probably an hour to get the tool post locations set up in it. One thing you have to have are the proximity sensors, the machine has to be homed to the same location or else it cant locate the tool posts. Once you start setting it all up you will have quite a few questions. Its not complicated but the whole process an take some time to get everything mounted and tweaked. If you would like a little simpler approach there is a guy on youtube with that spindle, he didn't mount his tools to the machine he flips a switch and can swap tools in just a few seconds.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had the same issues with the hitachi. I got a delta Im having trouble still with the displayed rpm in mach3 but it does change rpm based on the gcode. I got Sam over at cnc4xr7 to make me a mach 3 atc screenset and its huge time saver! I change my bit selection all the time so the screen set is a lifesaver. Especially as I have a few people who run the machines the graphics make it way less confusing!
    https://cnc4xr7.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah now they have an Avid package on their website. Im going to upgrade our third cnc machine to the avid package soon! Im sure all the kinks are worked out now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12