New Pro4x8 with dual z. gmt spindle and s30 atc spindle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pro4x8 with dual z. gmt spindle and s30 atc spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Pro4x8 with dual z. gmt spindle and s30 atc spindle

Well I thought Id start a new thread. Ive been putting together this cncrouterparts machine for a while now. Finally took plunge and received my s30 atc spindle from Alex at CNCdepot.net. I know blurry customs had some bad reviews here and there but Ive been that small business learning and growing. So heres the thread Ill update it as I install the s30 spindle. If there is anyone with experience with s30 spindle or installing your own atc Ill take the advise.

Thanks

New Pro4x8 with dual z. gmt spindle and s30 atc spindle-20180415_110331-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Pro4x8 with dual z. gmt spindle and s30 atc spindle-20180415_110331-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Pro4x8 with dual z. gmt spindle and s30 atc spindle

Good luck to you, I'm very interested in seeing this thread progress.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well to add a progress report. I decided it was vest to rethink some of my electrical in my shop. So im a vit behind.

However after receiving the s30 toolholders and doing a test i realize that where i had planned to install the toolholderswont work. I had planned to run them in the slot on the rear 8020 extrusion of the bed. However the gantry will activate the limit switch. I do have a length of 8020 and would welvome any suggestions.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmmm, that does pose a predicament. Do you think there is room to mount the toolholders lengthwise off to the side or would this limit capacity too much? You may have to contact cncrouterparts about an extension kit when you get it all worked out.

How has your experience with cncdepot been thus far?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm fighting the same problem with my crppro I need about 4 inch of travel more at the back to make it work. How wide is your Gantry? I was thinking of doing what you have ( wide gantry) and placing the tools along the side of the machine. the other option I was thinking is to have the tool bar slide out past the cuting surface when a tool change is called and then retract before it starts cutting.

I to put the S30 on my machine in March. Alex had some bad press but my experience has been the best experience i have had in the DIY CNC. the spindle has met all my needs still using it as a manual quick change spindle and it has worked fine. I'm guessing I have 2 to 300 Hrs on it now cutting Mdf doors and Melamine parts. Carvings and wood work. Lots of power runs quiet no vibration. every thing he has told me he would do he has done it on time. He went so far as to help me get it running with my VFD and alarm set up in mach all stuff he did not have to help me with but did. When I made the connection to Blury custom I walked away out of fear Based on the posts I saw. But the S30 addressed all the weak spots of the Models before and it was what I needed for my one man cabinet shop. I'm very Glad I came back and took the risk. I decided if everything went south I had all the tool holders and needed to buy a big name spindle to make it work. Now that I have run it I see no reason why it will not give me a long service life and its so simple to get up and running. I'm confident that if I have problem Alex will take care of it or help me work through it. Every Company goes through growing pains and all the big ones started out as little ones. The S30 fills a market that very few are in the hobbiest to small shop Nice to see some one taking a risk in that market and fill a need.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

KMD, did you get the 18,000 RPM spindle or the 24,000 RPM one?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by IamElvis View Post
    KMD, did you get the 18,000 RPM spindle or the 24,000 RPM one?
    Mine is the 18000

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey superscaryco and KMD, do you mind me asking how are things with the spindle? I am also a small cabinet shop looking to get a 5x10 cncrp pro. The only thing I would like to add to mine is the atc, not bad for an extra $1900 over the pnp spindle cost.

Downloads
    Uploads

So heres the scoop. Im frank and passionate. so lets get 2 things out of the way....

1. For the price Im still invested in the s30. Solidly

2. If I sound negative its the roadmap.

3. Ive ran a columbo previously and I think the s30 puts things into a different category because of the price. Plus North American Made.

**** If you have a CNCrouterparts setup then dont do what I did.

Buy their controller box ship it to s30 nashville office have them ship it with spindle back to you.

Its a year and I finally got this ***** turning and connected to mach3.

Im struggling to setup nitra solenoid on cncrouterparts relay output 1.

Experiences

I was dubious on price difference. So I told em sell me everything I need give me a number. EVERYTHING I need

They sold me a starter pack and some extra holders and tool forks.....

Thats not everything you need

U need a solenoid, u need push fittings, u need brass muffler, u need air hose.... u need breaker, u need fan, u need on off switch, u need 14 pin connector to bob,, u need electrical box, u need 220 plug, u need wires, u need this fancy connector that i still need to buy, u need a WRENCH u will need other gizmos. but the starter pack will not get you started without at least these things.

There service is not CNCROUTERPARTS caliber. Their website needs work and needs more documentation. I see red when theres blame instead of answers I work in film and thats what its about how to blame.

ok.

hitachi ne-s1 manual is not as good as cncrouterparts delta vfd.

I was very very confused but heres the info which got me here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for taking the time to Post. I will be following this Thread. What control system do you have??

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a crp850 from cncrouterparts. I cant say enough positive things about cncrouterparts. By far hands down been absolutely best to deal with. Ive been involved with frog 360 laguna biesse axyz weihong and fgp systems. cncrouterparts hands down by far best service no bull****.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by superscaryco View Post
    I have a crp850 from cncrouterparts. I cant say enough positive things about cncrouterparts. By far hands down been absolutely best to deal with. Ive been involved with frog 360 laguna biesse axyz weihong and fgp systems. cncrouterparts hands down by far best service no bull****.
    I know, I know. I have nothing but good service to report from these folks. So are you running Mach4 or Mach3 with your ATC?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the S30 working but I only have one spindle and I am running the CRP800 electronics. On the smooth stepper all I had to do was move one wire, Im just not sure its the same wire on yours. I believe it was connecting the spindle over temp sensor wire to the 5v output 1. I would call or email Alex to confirm this first as I am unsure on your version. I also believe CNCRP is working on atc electronics, they may also be able to help you with the switchover. If I understand correctly that wire is used to trigger the solenoid for the tool change. CNCRP and Alex were both very willing to help me get going on mine. I can get some pics of my version if you would like.

Downloads
    Uploads

Running Mach3, correct? I do not have a ATC I was just wondering.

Downloads
    Uploads

Would love to see some pics. Im super swamped this week, I took on as much film projects as I could. I want to drum cash up for the hypertherm xpr800 asap to add to my machine. But am working on a post with every step of the way soon! I did get the macro going btw

Downloads
    Uploads

Mach3 yes. too far down the learning hole to jump to mach4 for no reason so far

Downloads
    Uploads

I also wanted to update incase someone else is searching. the s30 push connectors for air are 6mm outer dimension.

Downloads
    Uploads

Would love to see some pics. Im super swamped this week, I took on as much film projects as I could. I want to drum cash up for the hypertherm xpr800 asap to add to my machine. But am working on a post with every step of the way soon! I did get the macro going btw
    No problem, I will get you a few in the morning. Right now my router is my 2nd job/hobby. I don't get near as much time in my shop as I would like.

Downloads
    Uploads

So heres the scoop. Im frank and passionate. so lets get 2 things out of the way....

**** If you have a CNCrouterparts setup then dont do what I did.

Buy their controller box ship it to s30 nashville office have them ship it with spindle back to you.

Its a year and I finally got this ***** turning and connected to mach3.
    I'm not sure I understand this. Are you saying that we should not ship our CNCRP Electronics package to them to have them set up for the s30, or to buy the whole setup from them for the s30 and throw away the CNCRP package?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast