Chamfering Sheet Brass - what bit?

Thread: Chamfering Sheet Brass - what bit?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chamfering Sheet Brass - what bit?

I need to cut some brass parts for a furniture project out of 0.040 brass (can't recall the alloy, but it is the one for machining?). I'd like to chamfer the edges after the outline is cut. Wondering how to do that. I have an Amana 45706 60° carbide edged tool that I use for inlay. I've read elsewhere that it should work. I'll only be removing a tiny bit of metal. Also, which direction is the best to go? I understand climb cut is the best for cutting brass? Multiple passes?

For reference, I am using a CNCRP Standard machine with a Bosch 1617. After some research, I like the idea of attaching the sheet brass to a backer of mdf with epoxy. I read that ramping is important, I have the o flute bits, etc. The pieces are in the 1" wide x 4" long range. Just cutting an outline (kind of a fleur de lis shape).

Thanks for the help!

Tony