New CRP4896 Plasma Build

Thread: New CRP4896 Plasma Build

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New CRP4896 Plasma Build

I am new to CNC and plasma and I have yet to actually cut anything, but this is the stage of my CNCRouterParts Plasma 4896 build. Now that the table is assembled, wired up and connected to my PC, I am working on figuring out Sheetcam and MACH3.

New CRP4896 Plasma Build-img_3320-jpgNew CRP4896 Plasma Build-img_3321-jpg

Hopefully I can help others as time goes along. But at this stage I'm a newbie.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New CRP4896 Plasma Build

Thanks to the great tech support from CNCRP, my 4896 is now up and running.

Made my first test cut yesterday.
    New CRP4896 Plasma Build-smiley_face-jpg

I need to figure out not what the purpose of the Sheetcam cross hairs are. For whatever reason, the torch pauses on them and then continues which makes a round mark where it should otherwise be smooth.
    New CRP4896 Plasma Build-sheetcam_cross_hair-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 4x4 plasma table from cncrouterparts. I’m a newbie too. Having trouble with the torch being knocked askew on the magnetic mount while cutting. Just received an update to the torch height control plugin from cncrouterparts.. Would be great if we can help each get up to speed. Unfortunately I don’t have the answe to the question you previously posted about sheetcam pausing. I’m mostly running 1/4”steel with a hyperthermia 45xp. Have you checked out the YouTube videos by arc Light on sheetcam? Jd2.com has some great vids and tips on their website.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alt255 View Post
    Thanks to the great tech support from CNCRP, my 4896 is now up and running.

Made my first test cut yesterday.
    New CRP4896 Plasma Build-smiley_face-jpg

I need to figure out not what the purpose of the Sheetcam cross hairs are. For whatever reason, the torch pauses on them and then continues which makes a round mark where it should otherwise be smooth.
    New CRP4896 Plasma Build-sheetcam_cross_hair-jpg
    Have you contacted Les Newell at SheetCam? Nice feller and he will definitely be able to help with this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ajfoxy View Post
    Have you contacted Les Newell at SheetCam? Nice feller and he will definitely be able to help with this.
    I just signed up on their forum and waiting to get approved.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jawsoflife2 View Post
    I have a 4x4 plasma table from cncrouterparts. I’m a newbie too. Having trouble with the torch being knocked askew on the magnetic mount while cutting. Just received an update to the torch height control plugin from cncrouterparts.. Would be great if we can help each get up to speed. Unfortunately I don’t have the answe to the question you previously posted about sheetcam pausing. I’m mostly running 1/4”steel with a hyperthermia 45xp. Have you checked out the YouTube videos by arc Light on sheetcam? Jd2.com has some great vids and tips on their website.

I've been busy and did not mean to ignore your post. I sent you a friend request a few minutes ago.
    A couple months back I decided that the CNC, compressor etc would do worlds better in another shop I have. So I've been working on setting everything up over there. I've got all the electrical service in now along with the compressor air line and I am finally up and running. Its still messy and I still need to properly route cables, but here is my setup.

New CRP4896 Plasma Build-cnc_wareouse_06022018-jpg

I too am having an issue with the torch getting knocked out of wack. If you have the link to the torch height control, please send it to me.... or post it here. In the mean time I will sent an email to cncrouterparts support. - John