New Machine Build BENCHTOP PRO - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BENCHTOP PRO

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BENCHTOP PRO

Quote Originally Posted by FoxCNC1 View Post
    Hi Fortyeight,

I do not think we are talking about the same thing. I am asking about the "flat" alum. tablet top. That extrusion is not by 80/20.
    I want to do something similar for my machine.
    LOL. that i can tell you, it is 20mm thick. each piece is 25.5 inch long and 6.25inch wide,
    my apologizes for confusion

Downloads
    Uploads

I am pretty sure that is not 8020 on your top. But I could be wrong.
    thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

The extrusion on the Benchtop PRO is a custom profile made specifically for us, and is not available through 8020. We can provide different lengths for different sized machines, but these take us a little while to process so are only available on our website in the stock lengths for the Benchtop machines.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay thank you for the information. It would great if you posted information about height and spacing of the t slot for those if use who may want to do a retrofit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Still having lots of fun with my BenchTop PRO
    here is a few samples of recent works with some relief carvings
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20150723_221321_136-jpg
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20150723_221328_491-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

NICE !

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello

I'm very interested in this machine, Is it rigid enough??? How well the machine is working at cutting feed rates like 200 IPM??

is it working with Gecko drives or chinese brand?

This machine and the shopbot desktop are my options.

thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by karloterrazas View Post
    Hello

I'm very interested in this machine, Is it rigid enough??? How well the machine is working at cutting feed rates like 200 IPM??

is it working with Gecko drives or chinese brand?

This machine and the shopbot desktop are my options.

thanks!

This machine is very rigid, solid and well built.

with regards to cutting at 200IPM, I am not sure for the most part my projects, I run are at 100IPM or less. Why would you be running your machine at those speeds for anyway, I think your stepdown would be that small that it wouldnt speed up your work anyway, you would be looking to have troubles with the final result in your projects.

now I am very new to the cnc world and could be wrong with that statement.

The drivers are CRP branded, that would be a better question for the fellors at cncrouterparts, they are a great bunch of people and always willing to help with any questions and support.

These question would much better answered by the manufacture, or maybe someone else here could add some insight in this for you,

all I can say is that I have hundreds probably thousands of hours of machine time on the machine and have had no issues. Its a great machine, I never had a second thought about my purchase and would recomend it to anyone.

All the best
    fortyeight

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fortyeight View Post
    This machine is very rigid, solid and well built.

with regards to cutting at 200IPM, I am not sure for the most part my projects, I run are at 100IPM or less. Why would you be running your machine at those speeds for anyway, I think your stepdown would be that small that it wouldnt speed up your work anyway, you would be looking to have troubles with the final result in your projects.

now I am very new to the cnc world and could be wrong with that statement.

The drivers are CRP branded, that would be a better question for the fellors at cncrouterparts, they are a great bunch of people and always willing to help with any questions and support.

These question would much better answered by the manufacture, or maybe someone else here could add some insight in this for you,

all I can say is that I have hundreds probably thousands of hours of machine time on the machine and have had no issues. Its a great machine, I never had a second thought about my purchase and would recomend it to anyone.

All the best
    fortyeight
    Thanks for your reply.

I really like the Benchtop PRO design and also a like the gecko G540 drivers, Thats why im really not sure if i will go for the nema 23 plug and play enclosure or the DIY kit with Gecko drivers. I do not know why CRP dont sell a plug and play enclosure with the gecko drivers.

I will take your recommendations

Regards!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Karlo,

Feel free to contact us directly and we can discuss options with you. The G540 is an older model drive that has worked well for a number of people, but we strongly encourage new customers to go with the newer digital drive technology we now carry, and this is what we put in our plug and play systems. The same motors run cooler and quieter on these newer drives, and provide for a much more reliable and industrial system.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Downloads
    Uploads

Another thing I like about the plug and play setup is that if by chance a driver fails you can replace just that driver, and if you have a spare on hand you will be ready to go again quite fast.

There plug and play systems are well built, a good bargain for the price i think.

My previous machine used a set up which had all tied to one board,drivers and BOB, and I developed a ground fault on one of the driver cards and made the whole thing useless.

All the best with your adventures
    fortyeight.

Last edited by fortyeight; 09-14-2015 at 05:38 PM. Reason: typo

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I have enjoyed my benchtop pro so much, myself and the old man have ordered a new 4*4 pro series, cant say enough about the guys and their machines, great bunch, great support, and great machines, recommend them to anyone who is interested in getting into CNC machines. looking forward to some bigger projects capability.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123