New Machine Build BENCHTOP PRO - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BENCHTOP PRO

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BENCHTOP PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CRP View Post
    Hi Mark,

I tracked the package, and it is a USPS international tracking number, so it is going to your location in Canada. If the replacement bearings don't show up in the next couple of days, we can send you another package of parts via UPS.
    hey Cory,

tracking shows they finally cleared customs, if i am lucky, it will show up this week. But i don't think it will. Still has entered country.
    Hopefully it does show this week, i am anxious to try it out, i had to much time to look and not use. LOL,
    But hey that is it, I should of had them sent in a way to get them rite away.
    I will check tracking again tomorrow, hopefully it will have an update, if no update its still sitting at customs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well bearing is here installed and been testing unit today. Its silky smooth, really nice. Almost finished my first project with it tonight. Glad Cory sent me two bearings, during the project the other one above the first failed. I thought i could see a fraction in it, guess i was right.Gonna have to have a good look at all those bearings on the Z tomorrow. Will definitely have to get a few of those for spares.
    Will post a few pics later of first works.

Downloads
    Uploads

First works.
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20140927_164653_344-jpgBENCHTOP PRO-img_20140927_231805_673-jpgBENCHTOP PRO-img_20140927_231818_435-jpg
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20140918_221139_838-jpg
    I have a lot to learn about feeds and speeds. Any help would be great, i mostly will be cutting hardwoods and acrylics.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like the Harley sign. Where did you get the image? It looks pretty clean. Any info for the cutter you used?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zepher1 View Post
    I like the Harley sign. Where did you get the image? It looks pretty clean. Any info for the cutter you used?
    I got the picture online and converted it. It is cut in a piece of one inch birch using a 60 degree vbit, at 50inch/min with a stepdown 125 thou and stepover of 20 thou.It turned out really clean.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well i have been busy and not getting to spend much time with new unit yet, but i have done a few things. I really like the machine, it works awesome, results are amazing.

Everyone at cncrouterparts where excellent to deal with, I recommend anyone to use their services they build great units with great support.

BENCHTOP PRO-img_20141011_221922_745-1-jpgBENCHTOP PRO-img_20141013_182307_333-1-jpgBENCHTOP PRO-img_20141012_173107_181-1-jpg

Last edited by fortyeight; 10-21-2014 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes.LOL

Downloads
    Uploads

fortyeight, I am glad you are liking the machine. Good job on those signs!

Downloads
    Uploads

Great thread! Thanks for the updates, build pics, and samples! Any updates or tweaks?

Was looking/considering the Romaxx WD-1 and found this thread! Has me looking seriously at the Benchtop Pro instead!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by firewire View Post
    Great thread! Thanks for the updates, build pics, and samples! Any updates or tweaks?

Was looking/considering the Romaxx WD-1 and found this thread! Has me looking seriously at the Benchtop Pro instead!
    My BenchTopPro from cncrouterparts is excellent, I have been using it on a regular basis. Cutting hardwoods of all species and cell cast acrylic. I really enjoy the unit, built very well, its sturdy and precise it does good work. I would recommend machine and cncrouterparts.com to anyone.

I do not have any experience with the Romaxx so i can not give a direct opinion on it, but i can say I did look at it. I had a few on my list.

But ultimately I can say I am happy with my choice. I am sure it will be in my shop for many years.

I have added an air mister to it for when cutting acrylic, and working on custom dust boot rather then purchase, will show when complete, something like kentscnc version. And maybe adding some brushes on the existing wipers to aid in brushing rails, especially when cutting acyrlic, I find myself cleaning rails quite often when cutting acrylic. When cutting hardwoods not so much.

Here a few more things I have done

BENCHTOP PRO-img_20141109_193447_276-jpg
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20141111_215407_332-jpg
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20141230_104504_235-jpg
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20141231_194108_772-jpg
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20150102_200836_118-jpg
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20141231_104823_803-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you VERY much for the update! Any regrets on size? I would do similar wood stuff like you have shown, so I am thinking the size is fine.

And what material is the orangish looking panel on the gantry?

Quote Originally Posted by fortyeight View Post
    My BenchTopPro from cncrouterparts is excellent, I have been using it on a regular basis. Cutting hardwoods of all species and cell cast acrylic. I really enjoy the unit, built very well, its sturdy and precise it does good work. I would recommend machine and cncrouterparts.com to anyone.

I do not have any experience with the Romaxx so i can not give a direct opinion on it, but i can say I did look at it. I had a few on my list.

But ultimately I can say I am happy with my choice. I am sure it will be in my shop for many years.

I have added an air mister to it for when cutting acrylic, and working on custom dust boot rather then purchase, will show when complete, something like kentscnc version. And maybe adding some brushes on the existing wipers to aid in brushing rails, especially when cutting acyrlic, I find myself cleaning rails quite often when cutting acrylic. When cutting hardwoods not so much.

Downloads
    Uploads

Firewire,

I have no regrets on the size, I wanted a 2*2 unit. perfect for my shop and for what I am at with it.

The material of the dust shield (orange/copper color, my phone camera not great SORRY) is a plastic fibre material, that is quite thick and does a good job of keeping the ballscrews clean.

Downloads
    Uploads

Again thank you for replying! I was wondering what that plastic piece was. A dust shield! That's a nice attention to detail item.

Quote Originally Posted by fortyeight View Post
    Firewire,

I have no regrets on the size, I wanted a 2*2 unit. perfect for my shop and for what I am at with it.

The material of the dust shield (orange/copper color, my phone camera not great SORRY) is a plastic fibre material, that is quite thick and does a good job of keeping the ballscrews clean.

Downloads
    Uploads

here is the latest addition to my benchtop pro.
    Hopefully this will help keep most debris off my rails, \i have found that cutting alot of acrylic it was building up on rails and i was constantly cleaning. I had the pieces made up at a local glass and acrylic shop was only 40 bucks cut and bent, not bad i didn't think. I have them attached with 3M dual lock product for easy removal, this works well, it is a good product, not ur regular velcro, industrial style product,
    And seeing i had a bunch of that strip lights around i figured I'd spice it up, LOL.
    I also have the pieces to cover the Z axis rails but don't think i will need them.

I have also made a dust boot for it just trying to source the brush for it, still unsure if i want this, I like to see whats going on, and i don't want something that may scratch the acrylic.
    Attached are a few pics
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20150120_143215_133-1-jpg
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20150120_143254_492-1-jpg
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20150120_143419_388-1-jpg
    BENCHTOP PRO-img_20150120_143314_803-1-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

still having lots of fun with my Benchtop Pro havent had any troubles great machine.

BENCHTOP PRO-img_20150124_211616_412-1-jpg time for a few of these.

Downloads
    Uploads

i was just thinking today I need something similar to keep shaving off the pro-rail. your machine looks great.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you please tell us what is the height or thickness of the alum. extrusion?

Downloads
    Uploads

it is 4080 extrusion, not sure on thickness but i can tell you that it is fairly thick and heavy extrusion. I would image you can get those spec from 8020inc

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I need to know the thickness to see if something like that would work for my 4824 pro.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FoxCNC1 View Post
    Thanks, I need to know the thickness to see if something like that would work for my 4824 pro.
    if you are looking for wall thickness check out there website for 8020inc, if its thickness of extrusion 4080 means 40mm * 80mm. May i ask what you are planing to use it for

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Fortyeight,

I do not think we are talking about the same thing. I am asking about the "flat" alum. tablet top. That extrusion is not by 80/20.
    I want to do something similar for my machine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast