Okuma MB4000H vs Mori Seiki NH4000 dcg

Thread: Okuma MB4000H vs Mori Seiki NH4000 dcg

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Okuma MB4000H vs Mori Seiki NH4000 dcg

Hello people!

In my shop we are considering to buy one of those HMC. I'm looking for anyone who have experience on those machines and who can give me any advice.

In the shop we already have 4 okuma lates and we are all in love with their OSP300 control. Not a big fan of Fanuc to be honest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!!!

Inviato dal mio Mi Note 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma MB4000H vs Mori Seiki NH4000 dcg

hy that osp300 could be a benchmark i have little experience with fanuc : is ok as a controller, not bad, but is not osp

at least for lathes, there are okuma functions developed between 80-90s, that are still not present on other brands

i don't have experience with mb4000h, but i see it as milling on an Y lathe that is tilted 90*, so ...

i would advice to request the mb4000h manuals in advance, take a look over the special functions manuals, and configure it nicely : add some extra-showers, get some extra M codes, maybe increase magazine capacity, for the moment just be aware of the turn-cut function

about spindle, i am not sure, but if you have to choose between 7/24 taper No. 40 and HSK-A63, then i heared that hsk-a63 is better ... if it was bt50, then it was another story

there is a powerfull okuma forum here : https://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/

depending on country, basic machine software may vary, and you may miss some functions that may help : for example, inside the machine catalogue, is a page with osp optional specification, kits, etc ... if you wish, i can search the latest catalogue and take a look

kindly

Last edited by deadlykitten; 07-02-2020 at 03:47 AM.
    we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hy that osp300 could be a benchmark i have little experience with fanuc : is ok as a controller, not bad, but is not osp

at least for lathes, there are okuma functions developed between 80-90s, that are still not present on other brands

i don't have experience with mb4000h, but i see it as milling on an Y lathe that is tilted 90*, so ...

i would advice to request the mb4000h manuals in advance, take a look over the special functions manuals, and configure it nicely : add some extra-showers, get some extra M codes, maybe increase magazine capacity, for the moment just be aware of the turn-cut function

about spindle, i am not sure, but if you have to choose between 7/24 taper No. 40 and HSK-A63, then i heared that hsk-a63 is better ... if it was bt50, then it was another story

there is a powerfull okuma forum here : https://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/

depending on country, basic machine software may vary, and you may miss some functions that may help : for example, inside the machine catalogue, is a page with osp optional specification, kits, etc ... if you wish, i can search the latest catalogue and take a look

kindly
    Thank you very much for your answer!

We bought the Okuma once I spoke with a technician. He didn't sell me the machine, he just configured the control with my request to do the production I need and, to be honest, I had to add just a couple of options because okuma has almost everything I needed as standard!

I know other brands are great too, but I definitely love Okuma's way of building machines. I'm really happy of what I purchased.

Thank you so much for your help!
    M.

Inviato dal mio Mi Note 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I had to add just a couple of options because okuma has almost everything I needed as standard!
    if i may ask, what did you added ?

I definitely love Okuma's way of building machines
    they automated their production line arround 4-5 years ago, allmost all parts&processes are eletronically-tagged, and enviroment is pretty clean ... the only "dust" is from the agv's and forklifts that go in & out ... they have a " few things " here and there and all their cast, is quality, dampening

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...